Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

3-2-1 cook temp?

BryanBryan Posts: 53
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I understand the method for cooking ribs but what is the appropriate temp. thanks
·

Comments

• bryan,
    I recommend shooting for 240*. Once in the foil, check at the 1 hr. mark and make sure they are not overcooking, if so, cool'er down. If they are ready when you take the tinfoil off, shut down to a mere trickle of air, just to keep a little fresh going thru and let chill (or sweat) for the rest of the time. If they are not quite there, you can always turn up for the last hour to 275 or even higher if needed to finish. Always on schedule. We cook Sam's bbbacks atleast 3 weekends a month with enough leftover for one more meal. Were hooked, going broke, but hooked.[p]Good Luck[p]Still Smokin'

·
  • Vegas SlimVegas Slim Posts: 166
    bryan, i try to keep mine arond 220 or so and that was with the big racks of babybacks here in vegas we now get the mini racks i just bought 4 racks the weight was a grand total of 4 pounds go figger!!! bring back the 2.5-3 pound racks

·
  • QBabeQBabe Posts: 2,275
    Still Smokin',[p]Yeah, I sure know about that going broke thing! [p]...but you can't take it with you.[p]QBabe
    :~)

·