Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FYI Re: Sams Eggs

Ripnem
Ripnem Posts: 5,511
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
If you didn't see my post at the end of yesterdays Sams thread...I spoke to my mom last night and since she spent many years with Sams in the purchasing department, I asked her about them and the BGE. She said that Sams would definitely not sell ANYTHING without the manufacturer signing off on all the pertinent paperwork. They have many attorneys on staff and wouldn't flirt with lawsuits like that.

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Funny, because someone intimately familiar with the inner workings of BGE stated that Sam's is selling the BGE without going through the proper channels.
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    That's interesting, I check for them when ever I go to Sam's but ours has yet to carry them or lump. I'm not sure if I would buy one or not. There a little hard to fit in my '93 Honda Civic! :laugh:

Gator
  • Ripnem
    I read that on someones post the other day and still scratching my head. Sent off an e-mail to bruce at BGE to see his response.
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Probably will be the same as Bobby from BGE..

We have already been told the Eggs were purchased through not so kosher means..

Can we please drop this and move on!!
  • Ripnem
    Grumpy Wolf

I saw a "Bobby" reference yesterday, but I didn't know who he is/was. If it is legit, my parents should snatch one up. If not they should avoid it. Hence, my trying to understand.
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Your Mom is mistaken in this case.
  • Ripnem
    Roger that Bob. I'll set her straight tonight. Now I hope that Sammy chokes on some a them Eggs...Messing with the mothership like that. Then lots of people will get a steel on a large. Thanks for chiming in and setting me straight.

Wolfman...If your out there, your an Allstar and I'm just a big mouth. Keep it up :)

Happy Eggin
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    I'll have to add Allstar to the my list of things I have been called.. HAHAHAH

BTW: Grumpy is already on the list...
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Adam,
    What are you going to set your Mom straight about?
    Bobby did not clarify anything.

Don’t hate on Sam’s. I doubt if the buyer from Sam’s went out looking to purchase BGE Eggs.
    More likely a BGE distributor (honest or dishonest) went out looking for a big sale and hit Sam’s Club.
    Either way the BGE distributor had total control over the sale. No means No. Now it sounds like only the end customer is the looser. It took several years before BGE would post clarity about purchases on the web and post warnings on the BGE website. It was a big grey area. Now it looks like buyers have another issue to deal with because BGE can not control the distributors that sell their product.
    Do we as buyers need to confirm the seller is a BGE authorized store and ask for a certificate of some kind?
    It’s crazy to expect a person off the street that walks into Sam’s to know that any warrantee claim will be void.
    The distributor should be held responsible for the sales and warrantee repairs.
    Please point the blame where it belongs.
    darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Ripnem
    That is exactly how I envisioned it happened. (Distributor knocked on Sams door) What I meant by setting her straight is that Sams didn't run the transaction up the proverbial flagpole. As far as BGE is concerned, they should have a bit more control over the distributors. No? Furthermore, the end user is the last person that should suffer. If it's a real BGE, and it was purchased in a retail store, then BGE needs to stand by the warranty. Period. If they need to brow beat it out of some slimy distributors rep., then so be it. So I agree with you, but Sams should have a solid understanding of whos and whats they are peddling.

Beer Brats tonight :woohoo:
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    I understand what you are saying but can you imagine if Sam's Club had to chase every product up the flag pole back to the manufacture to make sure the distributor was selling in compliance with the manufacture? Sam's Club should not have to deal with BGE politics between manufacture and distributor issues.
    darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    The rabbit is dead!
  • EddieMac
    EddieMac Posts: 423
    Well, I'll jump in here. In the past I sold alot to Sam's Club. I really sold alot to Sam's Club. I mean, I really, really, really sold alot to Sam's Club. Sam's is a very structured organization and their purchasing is done through a structured purchasing department. Nobody walks in off the street and sells a local Sam's Club anything. Anything! You have to be an approved vendor, with a vendor number.

You're going to Arkansas, meeting with a buyer (if you can get a meeting with a buyer)and moving forward from there. Sam's generally doesn't buy just a few of anything and they don't buy anything they don't make margin on. That's why sometimes they have the things you want, and then sometimes they just don't. It's all about the margin. Sam's is a cold, hard business entity. Widgets or WallyBalls, they don't care what anything is, they only care if it can be sold for a PRE-SET margin.

eddiemac
    Ft. Pierce, FL
  • Ripnem
    Yep, that's what mommy said. Um, cause she was in the purchasing department that you speak of.
  • Ripnem
    REEEEEEE....REEEEEEEEE....REE...REEEEEEEEEEE...RE

Musta gut shot the little bugger :laugh:
  • JCinGA
    JCinGA Posts: 139
    Pete,
    Amen and THANK YOU.
    Jim
    JCinGA
  • Ripnem
    If you don't like a thread than SKIP it.

**** :evil:
  • BBQEd
    BBQEd Posts: 63
    I would think it would be very difficult to pull something over on a Co. as big as Sam's and Wal-Mart. From a legal standpoint that would be one of the last companies I would want to try to get over on if I were out to snooker someone.
  • It dont really matter where you buy your egg at. I get tired of reading it on here. If I find a large egg on the internet new for 300 bucks guess what? Thats right! Im buying it! And when something breaks guess what? Thats right! Im getting it replaced. These guys are easy to work with and if you just build a relationship with a local vendor, he will take care of you. Bought there or not! Besides, there is nothing on these things that cant be fixed with JB weld. Give it a rest. If you find a deal buy it!