Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Exploding Pizza stone and a Cracked Egg

Options
Tanker Tim
Tanker Tim Posts: 68
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well the title says it all.[p]
Tooling along at 500 my Pampered Chef pizza stone broke into about 8 peices whilst perched upon three fire bricks. [p]And to add insult to injury I noticed a nice little crack starting right smack in the middle and below the bottom door. [p]FMWACBS [p]
Anyone else ever experience a cracked (naturally) egg? I'll just have to wait until it completely shits the bed, then seek advice from Smokin Todd on egg repairs. [p]I'm gonna shoot skeet tomorrow.[p]TT[p][p]

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Tanker Tim,[p]My pizza stone cracked (no explosion) the second time I used it. The crack only took off an arch of the circle and hasn't really prevented me from using it. I called the store where I purchased it and they said it could have been a traped air bubble. Anyway, I kept it and still use it!
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Tanker Tim, Thats amazing!! Well, the Pampered Chef Pizza stone's are not all that egg worthy. They are for the most part a high temperature clay, not a ceramic. Use either the ceramic BGE pizza stone or the "Miller Tri Stone"(new word and I really hope it catches on)*[p]* I and others have suggested changing "plate sitter" to something else. Bob Norton suggested a combination of "Miller" and "Tri-Stone" as a commemorative to WJ"Bill"Miller. "Miller Stone" is nice also. [p]Check your e.mail.
    Thank's
    C~W[p]

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Char-Woody,[p]Changing the name of the setter would be good, but in all honesty if we named it "after" anyone it should be JJ as he found it. Maybe call it the Gocek stool.[p]Tim
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Tim M,[p]Hey my friend, I appreciate your intentions, but I don't think I would want to cook on something named the way you stated it :).[p]Spin

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Tim M, on this one, I gotta agree with Spin. That was a real hooter.:-)
    BTW..Kathy found it. JJ had enuff sense to not argue!! :-)

• Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    I always heard you had a problem talkin' wid yerself! Now yer answerin' yerself too? I bet that's an in-tell-i-gent conversation![p]Don't look now, but the guys in the white suits r surroundin' yer house![p]Dr C

• Dave T-berry
    Options
    Tanker Tim,[p] My Pampered Chef split into 3 the first time I used
    it. I essentually use the pieces as firebrick and have
    an old Phalzcraft (sp) stone that had held up extremely well.[p] Dave T-berry[p]

• BD
    BD Posts: 87
    Options
    Tanker Tim,
    If you still have your Pampered Chef receipt, they'll replace it. My PC stone has been eggworthy so far....