Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just Curious??

RLA
RLA Posts: 89
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Being new to this EGG "thing" ..I was curious as to.."How often do the participants in this Forum actually fire up their EGGS? Is it a weekend experience or a daily experience or what? Hoping ya'll will respond to this informal questionnaire..(hoping to hear from Cat in N.Y.C.) AND..one more thing..what is it that you most commonly cook?
Bob

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    RLA,[p]I fire Humpty about 3 days a week and grilling is the majority of my cooking. Chicken breasts - steaks - salmon or tuna - and the best ribs you'll ever have.[p]Link below has loads more stuff[p]Tim
    [ul][li]--- Tim's BGE Cookbook
    [/ul]
  • Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    RLA,
    Bob I use one of the Eggs at least once a week and sometime 4,5 or 6 times. Tonight it is gona be Egg Pizza!!! I've finally got all the parafinalia and I'm tired of Spin, Tim, NB, Gfw, Sprinter and now MAC enjoying all those pizzas! Right, wrong or indifferent, it is pizzas tonight! One supreme (with everything) and one with Canadian bacon & pepperoni (our son likes it that way!) I can just taste the the thing now! See ya got me all excited I'm stammering! This will be the 4th time this week we've used the Egg. My wife loves it too, 'cause she doesn't have to cook![p]I cook any thing and everything on the Egg. From burgers to long-slow briskets or butts! KOC & Guru of Grease have the right idea...."If it ain't specifically forbidden in the recipe in regards to the Egg, it gets cooked on the Egg at least once!" I think they have the right idea![p]Dr. Chicken[p]p.s.: Vote fer NB fer President! or Surgeon General one!

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    S10_02_9914_35_11.jpg
    <p />RLA, last week was a slow week for the egg - only three times. Usage really varies as does what the egg is used for. If you haven't already browsed my pictures, check out the link - it will give you a pretty good idea of what I do on the egg.

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
  • Gfw
    Pizza_03_25_00.jpg
    <p />Dr. Chicken, let us know how the pizza turns out - I have a new variation called Sweet Potato Pizza if you are interested - just kidding. Good luck![p]

• Dr. Chicken
    Gfw,
    I'll try that one if you'll try my "braised snails & mushrooms" fer your next one! Fair trade???[p]Smile :^)[p]Dr. Chicken[p]p.s.: thats a mighty nice lookin' pizza! You & MAC both do that so well! Spin must have been a good teacher!

• Gfw
    Dr. Chicken, I would get email from Spin after about each pizza picture post - that's why the pictures, and the pizza, kept getting better - next time I'll pu the toppings on the cheese rather than under it. I'm still learning. Have a great day!

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    RLA,[p]My Egging ranges from 1 to 3 or 4 times a week. For me cooking on the egg is not only about the food, I reallyu enjoy cooking on it too![p]Today, its a cajun corned beef. No plans for tomorrow, but Mondays mustard chicken!
  • Dr. Chicken
    Gordon,
    It still looks good! I might look even nicer with those other toppings! :^)[p]Dr. Chicken

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    RLA,
    On the average 5 times a week humpty gets a workout. Some of those are solo lunches. Two 20 lb. bags of lump are history in a light month. Like when I listen to music, I like variety and try hard to cook a different thing every time. Probably the most common things I cook are chicken pieces, then ribs, then pork chops (or country ribs), then steaks. Nice to be able to cook pizza, bread, squid, fish, clams, oysters, burgers, chili, and, well everything. Sorry I got carried away.[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Gfw
    NB - the local BGE dealer ran an article in the local paper about spring, etc. One of the featrues was the BGE. The article stated that the manufacturer say a bag of charcoal woll last for several months - I think at your house, like mine, it might be for severl (or 2) weeks. [p]

• Nature Boy
    Gfw,
    Yep. Amazing what those "normal" people do. Somehow, some folks are able to escape the gripping addiction that soon takes over after eating great egged food, and accepting the challenge to make it even better next time. I truly thought my addiction would have subsided since July, but it just gets stronger. Egg on!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Nature Boy,
    That was a good example using "listening to music" when Egging. I like to use variety also. Most of the time I listen to Bruce in the 70's or 90's....but this evening Cornfed and I just might try some bruce in the 80's :)

• Dr. Chicken
    Nature Boy,
    I wish I could make a bag last "several" weeks, like you guys do! I'm lucky when I get to cookin' if a bag will last a week! I've been buying 10 bags at a whack! Am I doing somethin' wrong or just have need fer more Eggsperience than you two??? :^)[p]Dr. Chicken

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    RLA, Put me down for 2 or 3 cooks a week. Since I usually cook below 400 degrees, I think my 20 lb bag of BGE lump goes a bit further than most: new bag every 3 weeks to a month. [p]
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    RLA,[p]I have averaged 3-4 times a week over the past 2 1/2 years (year round cooking). I do the long cooks on the weekends. I use it this much only because I make better food on it than in the kitchen.[p]I don't actually have one cook that I make most commonly. That is the beauty of the Egg. It is so versatile that I become the limit and then tend to experiment with methods and flavors.[p]You are in for some fun![p]Spin[p]

• Nature Boy
    Smokin' Todd,
    I can bet you won't be listening to the Ghost of Tom Joad. I made that CD into a beer coaster. What a horrible release from your hero. What was he thinking??[p]Love much of his other stuff. Hope yooz guys is enjoying the weekend.[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    RLA,[p]I've been pretty much a weekender to date. Hopefully that will change - I just began a sabbatical from work, & want to get a small Egg so I can do quick dinners for just the two of us.[p]I do more low-and-slow and smoke-roasting than high-temp grilling; I plan to do more of the latter when I have a small. Favorites include baby backs, pulled pork & brisket. When time is more limited I like to do chicken, a small beef roast or salmon.[p]Oh, and pizza, of course![p]Cathy

• Nature Boy
    Dr. Chicken,
    You, my friend, are a cooking madman! Hard to keep up with that kind of consumption. Egg on!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com