Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ Gloves

eggaggie
eggaggie Posts: 54
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone have some good suggestions on solid BBQ gloves, and where to find them?

Comments

• I purchased some standard BBQ gloves at my local dealer. I then added welding gloves to ensure added safety when handling stuff from inside the egg. Welding gloves should be available at hardware or building supply stores.

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• I would buy a good pair of welding gloves and make sure they cover the forearms.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    I'm a big fan of these 500° Orkas - much better than welding gloves when you're going in harms way! They are expensive compared to welders, but worth it. Available several places including Amazon.
    IMG_0327.jpg
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Not sure what "solid" means but I use these from Ceramic Grill Store:

http://ceramicgrillstore.com/shop-script_premium/index.php?productID=193
  • sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    I use the blue neoprene like chemical/paint gloves at Lowes. They are heat "resistant", provide great flexibility in your hands, easy to clean, and only cost about $4 a pair. We go through about 2-3 pairs a year during the summer competition season as they get dirty and they start to harden up after awhile. But, for the price, I like them over anything else I've seen or tried and we use them hard at cooksoffs and at home as well.

Troy
  • Go to your local welding supply store. My last pair of welding gloves lasted 10 years. the new ones I was forced to get cost $11.

While you're there look at getting one of the wire welding brushes for cleaning your grill $4 if I recall correctly. Last a lot longer than those pieces of crap they try to sell in the stores.
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    I concur. I have three different pair...welders, leather and these. These work the best. The ridges give some extra thickness that allow you to hold hot items for a longer period of time.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX