Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pizza help

johann
johann Posts: 111
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've got large egg, pizza stone, platesetter and even the pizza wood carrier doodad.

I have a gluten free wife though, anyone have hints on gf pizza on the egg? Or should I just have a guy night crank something with big explosions on the home theater and do pizzas then?

Comments

• My wife and I had a brief period of the gluten free life.....eventually it was diagnosed as Chrones Disease :sick: and we no longer had to deal with the Gluten thing

I know of flowers that are gluten free (as I am sure you are aware), but its the gluten that forms the "mesh" and texture of a nice pizza dough. With that said, I have heard of people using Xanthium Gum and gelatin (unflavored) to give it a more "pizza like" mouth feel to the dough.

A quick search on the internet should prove very helpful in finding a good recipe for the dough. Maybe others will chime in with a tested and proven method that will help more.

One thing for sure, cooking just about anything on the egg makes it better even if it is gluten free :cheer:
  • johann
    johann Posts: 111
    I don't mind the GF diet. Makes her feel better and makes my diet more diverse, plus the pancake/waffle mix i found is better than any pancakes i've ever had. Also found some AMAZING brownie mixes.

The big issue has been pizza though, I have one place I know that I can get ok frozen dough. Just looking for practical experiences.