Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steak AND Salmon

Kelly Keefe
Kelly Keefe Posts: 471
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My lovely bride bought me a nice ribeye steak for supper tonight. She has a salmon steak for herself. Cooking either one seperately would pose no problems, but both together?[p]What I am thinking is doing the ribeye high temp and putting the salmon on during the ribeyes dwell. After the dwell, pulling the ribeye and finishing the salmon while the ribeye rests. Does that sound about right to y'all?[p]Thanks![p]Kelly

Comments

• Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Kelly Keefe,[p]As long as you put the fish on the left and the steak on the right side. Just kidding.... Yes, that sounds pretty good to me as long as I don't have to eat the salmon. [p]ashley

• Kelly Keefe
    Kelly Keefe Posts: 471
    Zip,
    After talking it over with the wife, I decided to just cook both the steak and the salmon at high heat. Flipped the steak at three minutes (500°) and again at six and flipped the salmon as well. Then a four minute dwell for both. The wife said the salmon was good, I thought the steak could have been better...[p]You live and learn.[p]Kelly