Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Recruits For The BGE Army

Options
Citizen Q
Citizen Q Posts: 484
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So I was supposed to man the grill (burgers, dogs and Italian sausage) at my sister-in-law's party this past Saturday, but I was 20 minutes late and they had already fired up the Webber and had a load of stuff cooking. I quietly made some room for myself and fired up her (brand new, one year old, never been lit) large BGE (that she just had to have so I bought it for her housewarming) and grabbed the sausages before somebody ruined them. While the Egg was warming up, I wrapped some of my homemade pulled pork in foil and set that right in there to heat up. [p]After silently ignoring many, many painful questions, such as: how long do you boil those before you grill them? and the like, I passed the sausage and pulled pork around to the guests. Thats when the pertinent questions started coming out, such as how did you do that and where can I get one of those. I answered these questions dutifuly. [p]If the taste wasn't enough to impress, the Egg's prowess as a grill sure swayed em. I gently closed down the vents to hold about 175 until the call went out for another round of feed. Long, long after the Webberfull of Kingsford had completely burned out, I simply opened up the vents and timed exactly 4 minutes to 550 degrees. This was not a one time event, no, after initially lighting the grill at 4:30 calls went out to fire up the grill again at 6:00, 7:30, 8:30, 9:30 and 10:30, all with similar results, all from one single load of lump, leaving approx 3/5 of the original load when I finally shut things down at midnight. I count at least 4 definite new Eggers in the coming months and another 5 or 6 potentials. Cheers to me![p]By the way, the low carb (evaporated milk and Splenda) Key Lime Pie was also a hit, even though it wasn't cooked in the Egg. Thanks to Wil and Mollyshark for the help.[p]Cheers And Good Q To All,
C~Q

Comments

• Still Smokin'
    Options
    Citizen Q,
    Sounds like you had a blast. Glad so many could see it in action. SS

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Citizen Q,[p]What a GREAT success for you! Some of the folks at work pretty much think I'm nuts for going on about my cookers and Q'ing, but it's really nice when you get people who share that enthusiasm and actually understand the obsession.....[p]Here's to the newbies![p]Tonia
    :~)