Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Mini Gasket

jake42jake42 Posts: 931
edited 3:47PM in EggHead Forum
Got my mini about a week or two ago. Had to replace the gasket already.That's O.K I heard these lil' puppies were notorious for that. The good people at Backyard Living on 79th&Metcalf took good care of me though.
Figured I'd fire up "Big Daddy" for some wings while the Mini recovers from the gasket transplant surgery.
mkinigas1.jpg
minigas2.jpg
minigas3.jpg

Comments

• PM DocPM Doc Posts: 1
    What do you have sitting on top of your mini. Looks like you used a felt replacement gasket. Was the nomex an option?
  • Jake - Your mini is going to get a head ache - I mean a dome ache. :ermm:
  • jake42jake42 Posts: 931
    Just put some weights on it for seal pressure. Not sure what nomex is. The people at Backyard Living gave me another gasket so I just used that.
  • jake42jake42 Posts: 931
    Hey, just like a child..sometimes you have to apply the pressure for them to develope. :laugh:
  • why cant you a gasket form a wood or coal stove? wouldnt that last longer??
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Thhat's funny, just weighing in. :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • johannjohann Posts: 111
    not food approved as per the stove gasket company. Unless you want to ingest fiberglass...
    Yum!

the mothership has sent me two gaskets already for free; just email em. never even used the gasket on the little egg yet as it was coming off after I unpacked it.

Ooh that could be my avoid work friday project!