Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Mini Gasket

jake42jake42 Posts: 931
edited 12:51PM in EggHead Forum
Got my mini about a week or two ago. Had to replace the gasket already.That's O.K I heard these lil' puppies were notorious for that. The good people at Backyard Living on 79th&Metcalf took good care of me though.
Figured I'd fire up "Big Daddy" for some wings while the Mini recovers from the gasket transplant surgery.
mkinigas1.jpg
minigas2.jpg
minigas3.jpg
·

Comments

• PM DocPM Doc Posts: 1
    What do you have sitting on top of your mini. Looks like you used a felt replacement gasket. Was the nomex an option?
    ·
  • Jake - Your mini is going to get a head ache - I mean a dome ache. :ermm:
    ·
  • jake42jake42 Posts: 931
    Just put some weights on it for seal pressure. Not sure what nomex is. The people at Backyard Living gave me another gasket so I just used that.
    ·
  • jake42jake42 Posts: 931
    Hey, just like a child..sometimes you have to apply the pressure for them to develope. :laugh:
    ·
  • why cant you a gasket form a wood or coal stove? wouldnt that last longer??
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,400
    Thhat's funny, just weighing in. :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • johannjohann Posts: 111
    not food approved as per the stove gasket company. Unless you want to ingest fiberglass...
    Yum!

the mothership has sent me two gaskets already for free; just email em. never even used the gasket on the little egg yet as it was coming off after I unpacked it.

Ooh that could be my avoid work friday project!
    ·