Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Rutland Gaskets

JCinGAJCinGA Posts: 139
edited 6:48AM in EggHead Forum
Now that egging season is about to break out in full bloom it is time for me to re-do my gaskets. I have a large, medium, and a mini.
I've been following threads about all problems eggers are having with the gaskets and their adhesives. So I'm not so sure I want to go with the "stock gasket".
I'm thinking about finally going to a Rutland. I know on the large and medium I would probably use a 5/8" width. For the mini should I use a 1/2" or the 5/8"size.
:unsure:
TIA
JCinGA
Jim

Comments

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 5,009
    The 5/8" braided material in the Rutland will widen or narrow to fit all the Egg sizes. Just a little strech as your placing the gasket on the Mini and it fits great. Bunching it a little will widen to fit Large and XL.
    darian
    MiniwithShrimp.jpg
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 17,539
    Darian, you got to talke about this dish. What all is in it please.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
    It appears to be a shrimp ABT.Shrimp shelled and butterflied with some cream cheese and jalapeno then wrapped with some prosciutto.
  • ibandaibanda Posts: 486
    Does a Rutland only go on the bottom? I may replace my gasket with something more sturdy as I am finding I sear and do pizzas at over 600° and my original gasket is wearing.
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • mijoeymijoey Posts: 58
    Yes, that is the general application. It is thick enough that you only apply it to the bottom rim. You can go to the Naked Whiz site for a primer on installation of the Rutland gasket.
    Mike
    Melbourne, Fl.
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 5,009
    Real close.
    Jack cheese slice instead of cream cheese.
    Fast cook with the prosciutto but harder to wrap.
    darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas