Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Rutland Gaskets

JCinGAJCinGA Posts: 139
edited 11:57AM in EggHead Forum
Now that egging season is about to break out in full bloom it is time for me to re-do my gaskets. I have a large, medium, and a mini.
I've been following threads about all problems eggers are having with the gaskets and their adhesives. So I'm not so sure I want to go with the "stock gasket".
I'm thinking about finally going to a Rutland. I know on the large and medium I would probably use a 5/8" width. For the mini should I use a 1/2" or the 5/8"size.

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 4,247
    The 5/8" braided material in the Rutland will widen or narrow to fit all the Egg sizes. Just a little strech as your placing the gasket on the Mini and it fits great. Bunching it a little will widen to fit Large and XL.
    Thank you,

Galveston Texas
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,638
    Darian, you got to talke about this dish. What all is in it please.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
    It appears to be a shrimp ABT.Shrimp shelled and butterflied with some cream cheese and jalapeno then wrapped with some prosciutto.
  • ibandaibanda Posts: 460
    Does a Rutland only go on the bottom? I may replace my gasket with something more sturdy as I am finding I sear and do pizzas at over 600° and my original gasket is wearing.
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • mijoeymijoey Posts: 58
    Yes, that is the general application. It is thick enough that you only apply it to the bottom rim. You can go to the Naked Whiz site for a primer on installation of the Rutland gasket.
    Melbourne, Fl.
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 4,247
    Real close.
    Jack cheese slice instead of cream cheese.
    Fast cook with the prosciutto but harder to wrap.
    Thank you,

Galveston Texas