Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Rutland Gaskets

JCinGAJCinGA Posts: 139
edited 2:48AM in EggHead Forum
Now that egging season is about to break out in full bloom it is time for me to re-do my gaskets. I have a large, medium, and a mini.
I've been following threads about all problems eggers are having with the gaskets and their adhesives. So I'm not so sure I want to go with the "stock gasket".
I'm thinking about finally going to a Rutland. I know on the large and medium I would probably use a 5/8" width. For the mini should I use a 1/2" or the 5/8"size.
:unsure:
TIA
JCinGA
Jim
·

Comments

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,774
    The 5/8" braided material in the Rutland will widen or narrow to fit all the Egg sizes. Just a little strech as your placing the gasket on the Mini and it fits great. Bunching it a little will widen to fit Large and XL.
    darian
    MiniwithShrimp.jpg
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,412
    Darian, you got to talke about this dish. What all is in it please.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
    It appears to be a shrimp ABT.Shrimp shelled and butterflied with some cream cheese and jalapeno then wrapped with some prosciutto.
    ·
  • ibandaibanda Posts: 453
    Does a Rutland only go on the bottom? I may replace my gasket with something more sturdy as I am finding I sear and do pizzas at over 600° and my original gasket is wearing.
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
    ·
  • mijoeymijoey Posts: 58
    Yes, that is the general application. It is thick enough that you only apply it to the bottom rim. You can go to the Naked Whiz site for a primer on installation of the Rutland gasket.
    Mike
    Melbourne, Fl.
    ·
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,774
    Real close.
    Jack cheese slice instead of cream cheese.
    Fast cook with the prosciutto but harder to wrap.
    darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·