Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rutland Gaskets

Options
JCinGA
JCinGA Posts: 139
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Now that egging season is about to break out in full bloom it is time for me to re-do my gaskets. I have a large, medium, and a mini.
I've been following threads about all problems eggers are having with the gaskets and their adhesives. So I'm not so sure I want to go with the "stock gasket".
I'm thinking about finally going to a Rutland. I know on the large and medium I would probably use a 5/8" width. For the mini should I use a 1/2" or the 5/8"size.
:unsure:
TIA
JCinGA
Jim

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    The 5/8" braided material in the Rutland will widen or narrow to fit all the Egg sizes. Just a little strech as your placing the gasket on the Mini and it fits great. Bunching it a little will widen to fit Large and XL.
    darian
    MiniwithShrimp.jpg
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Darian, you got to talke about this dish. What all is in it please.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    It appears to be a shrimp ABT.Shrimp shelled and butterflied with some cream cheese and jalapeno then wrapped with some prosciutto.
  • ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    Does a Rutland only go on the bottom? I may replace my gasket with something more sturdy as I am finding I sear and do pizzas at over 600° and my original gasket is wearing.
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • mijoey
    mijoey Posts: 58
    Options
    Yes, that is the general application. It is thick enough that you only apply it to the bottom rim. You can go to the Naked Whiz site for a primer on installation of the Rutland gasket.
    Mike
    Melbourne, Fl.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Real close.
    Jack cheese slice instead of cream cheese.
    Fast cook with the prosciutto but harder to wrap.
    darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas