Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT:Update on Mrs. RailRoader -Prayers still needed

Options
Retired RailRoader
Retired RailRoader Posts: 975
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A few weeks ago I mentioned that my wife had gotten a bad report on her last Mammography. Well since that last post we received her biopsy and unfortunately it did come back positive for cancer. Since then she has taken many tests and today we found out that she has a friendly cancer (I never know that there was such a thing). Fortunately it was caught very early and it is treatable, the prognosis is very good and the doctors do not think it has traveled to her lymph nodes. We already have an appointment for a second opinion and if nothing changes she will be operated on May 28th. Needless to say my son and I will not be attending Waldorf this year. So for all you ladies out there please let this be a heads up for you. My wife and all her doctors can not feel any lump. The tumor is 1.5 cm and only showed up on her Mammography. So please if you haven't gotten a Mammography in awhile go for one and for all you husbands if your wife has not gone for a Mammography make them go. Early detection is very, very important.
Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.

Comments

• Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    Glad to hear it was caught early.

Good for you to put out the reminder! :woohoo:
  • Grand Oeuf Vert
    Options
    Dear Mr and Mrs. RailRoader,
    We haven't met.I am kind of new at this BGE thing.
    Firstly... Mrs. RailRoader, you will be in our prayers. Mrs. Grand Oeuf Vert, (and Mr.) is a survivor of what seems to be the very issues you are going through. Mrs. GOV's cancer was also found early. Surgery and Treatments followed almost imediately. Mrs. GOV is alive and well. Cancer free now for alomost 3 years.
    Stay strong. Stay possitive. Obviously, Mr. RR, you'll be there for love and support. (Mrs. RR is going to need you.) The GOV household is living proof, cancer can be beaten. We wish you all the best. God Bless and we expect to see you Eggin' for many years to come!
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up.May God bless you and yours!Best of luck! ;)
  • Desert Filly
    Desert Filly Posts: 1,042
    Options
    Prayers are definitely coming your way. I was actually just talking to Randy about you and son the other day...wondering if you guys would be there this year. We'll miss you...but not far from the mind.

Kim "Desert Filly"
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    I have a very good friend that went through what sounds like the same thing as your wife and Mrs. Gov. 6 years later and all is well with her. Thoughts and prayers are with your wife.
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    mrs.rr and the rest of your family will be remembered in my prayers tonight,, hope she does as well as my mom advanced tumor in her 40's teeny duct one in her 70's she recently passed away from 'old age'good luck and
    God bless
    bill
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    well it sounds like good bad news.. and glad to hear that everything is looking up...

we are still thinking about ya'll and hope for contunied good news

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    All the best to you and Mrs. Railroader. Thanks for the update.
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    Glad to hear that the news, although not good, is as positive as it can be. As I said earlier, my wife is a breast cancer survivor for more than 20 years. Best of luck to you and I'm sure the outcome will be great! Will keep you guys in our prayers.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options
    Railroader, pray all will be well with your wife, and thanks for the checkup reminder.
    -Gary
    canuckland
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    John, Please tell her we're pluggin' and prayin' for her. Glad to hear it was caught early and the apparent prognosis is good.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    You all are in my prayers. Great messege to get out there!! Stay strong.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    RR, you and your wife are in my thoughts! My mom had breast cancer and it was successfully treated, so let's keep up the good thoughts! Mom is 88 at the moment and going strong!

Doug
    The Naked Whiz
  • AnnaG
    AnnaG Posts: 1,104
    Options
    You have my prayers coming your way also... Wishing you all the best!!!!!!

Thanks...
    ...AnnaG...
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    Blessing to you both!

~ Broc, a three year so far cancer survivor
  • Cory430
    Cory430 Posts: 1,073
    Options
    My thoughts are with you and your wife.
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options
    Hi RR,

Although we've never met I am delighted to hear that your wife will be well with time. One of my oldest and dearest friends has been fighting the same situation all winter, she too will survive. Prayers and best wishes to you and your wife.

Gator
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    We have not met, but by now, you see you have many, many friends from afar. Prayers and good wishes are coming your way.

Faith
    Tampa, FL
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Just a repeat of all that has been said :) and hoping to hear more good news in a few months. :cheer: Julie
  • Boatman
    Boatman Posts: 854
    Options
    You have been added to my prayer list.
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Prayers already headed your way, John. It sounds like you all caught it early, so that's good news......
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    That's the best "Bad" news I've heard all day. Give her my best.

Mike
  • Hooter
    Hooter Posts: 134
    Options
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you...from the Hooter family, fellow Long Island eggers.

Scott & Amy Hoots
  • TUSK
    TUSK Posts: 14
    Options
    We will definately keep you and the Mrs RR in our prayers.

Take care
    TUSK
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    . So please if you haven't gotten a Mammography in awhile go for one and for all you husbands if your wife has not gone for a Mammography make them go. Early detection is very, very important.

Mr. Railroader, Your words say it all!!! It is astounding how many people still bury their heads in the sand instead of taking a few, simple, annual
    precautions... :(

Keeping the faith that all will go well with the Mrs.
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    whoa, just saw this john. ..big time prayers and good vibes headed up to your end of long island!!!. ..and i know from our experience that there are some mighty fine doctors and nurses up there just waiting to take care of you guys!!!!. . .