Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Elvis favorite

jonboy
jonboy Posts: 163
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just wondering if anyone has made Elvis favorite on the egg...grilled peanut butter and nana sandwiches.
I was thinking of giving it a try tomorrow.
Any pointers?
jon

Comments

• We got a pizza joint in town that has Peanut Butter and Banana Pizza! Never had it but kids love it! Why not give that a try! :P
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    I am sure a nana added will work on this.

Sandwich, Grilled, Peanut Butter & Jelly

Procedure:
    1 2 slices bread 2 tablespoons butter softened 2 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter 1 1/2 tablespoons jam, jelly or preserves
    2 Spread the outer sides of the bread slices with half the measure of butter. Spread inside of half of the bread slices with peanut butter and the inside of the other half of the bread slices with jelly. Press together and cook on a griddle heated to medium-high with the other measure of butter melted on it. Brown one side, turn and brown the other side. About 3 minutes per side. Serve warm. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - NOTES : Buttery, crunchy bread with warm peanut butter and jelly. Sometimes this was all that was left in the cupboard, but no matter, it was a childhood favorite.

Servings: 2

Recipe Type
    Sandwich, Side Dish, Snack

Recipe Source
    Author: Mike Mather on Jan 06, 1999,

Source: BBQ List, Mike Mathe, 1999/01/06
  • jonboy
    Do you think i should cook direct in cast iron skillet or another way?
    Thanks for the help,
    jon
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    indirect at 250 dome, plate setter legs up with a drip pan. a little apple wood goes great :S :woohoo:
    Just kidding, heat up a pan, your just toasting bread
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Absolutely.CI skillet direct 300-350. :)
  • jonboy
    Trying to learn how to use the small egg.
    Wish i had a mini.
    jon
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Jon, not sure why you made that statement - the small has a great range of temp capabilities from low to blast furnace. Also the lump capacity provides far more possibilities than a mini. I'm not knocking my mini, but my small is a workhorse. I hope you learn to appreciate the abilities of your small.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • troutman
    troutman Posts: 498
    Unfortunately Elvis also liked to have a full pound of bacon fried and placed on his peanut butter and nana sandwiches.

Peanut butter and banana sandwiches can't be beat, especially if you add a few chocolate chips to it and let them just start melting with the peanut butter. Yum!