Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Why didn't an Egghead think of this?

eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,391
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This was on the ABC news tonight. I might have to try the the BaconSalt or the Baconnaise.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/WN/story?id=7391205&page=1
·

Comments

• Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    My eggstore carries it. It really is good!
    ·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,391
    Big'un, I'm not surprised you've already discovered this!
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    They must have improved it, I bought some about a year ago and thought it was crap. -RP
    ·
    It depends on the use. It's good on a baked potato and other things that need dressing up, IMHO.
    ·
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    Randy...I am totally with you on this! I thought it tasted just like the artificial BACOS....and then I read the ingredients, and they all went in the trash. (Sorry Big'Un!!) It is things like this that make the world go round! :laugh:
    ·
    I thought BACOs were a vitamin.
    ·
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    ROFL!!!!! :laugh: :silly: Good one Big Un!!! :laugh: Now THAT is something we need to invent!!! :whistle: :ermm: Vitabacons! :woohoo:
    ·
    PARTNERS!!! :laugh:
    ·
  • bubba timbubba tim Posts: 3,216
    They are OK on spuds and some other veggies, but they do taste like salty bacos. They were good at first, now they just take up room on the speed rack. Save your money. Sorry Todd
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
    ·
  • J AppledogJ Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Makes me wonder what popcorn would be like cooked in bacon grease!
    ·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    glad to see you around these parts again!!!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·