Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ordering parts?

gasface
gasface Posts: 21
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is there a way to order parts directly from the company?

I need to order a new hinge (the spring loaded one) and my distributor doesnt seem to know what it is.

Comments

• 770-934-5300, I expect you would have to pay shipping.
  • part# is SABL

that is the large band and spring asst hinge.
  • To answer your first question, yes. Just call the Mothership in Atlanta.

Why do you need a new spring hinge already? Did you bend it during assembly or something? If your dealer/distributor doesn't know what a spring hinge and bands assembly is, he/she is a complete idiot. Please provide some more info.
  • I think he has an XL.
  • Dave Shady
    Dave Shady Posts: 247
    opps my bad..

HINGE and BAND

XL - XLB
    LARGE - SABL
    MED - SABM
    SMALL - SABS
    MINI - OB

THE XL IS PRICEY OVER $120

The other 3 are - 70$ range

Mini - 35$ ish
  • I hope he comes back and tells us what his problem is before he springs(no pun intended)for a whole new assembly. Maybe there is a work around for his problem. Mark
  • gasface
    Hey Thanks guys..
    yeah I have the XL.
    So would I have to order hinge and band? Since I already have a band? Or is it different?

I probably dont need a new hinge (my eggs only about a month old)but I was under the impression that the gravity hinge was better overall (mainly from feedback here)

I assembled the current one but my brother in law opened it really hard the other day and it seems to have misaligned some. When open the spring just falls off now.
    It really doesnt even look off when closed. Maybe a 16th of an inch on the rear left side. So I figure I need to take off and redo anyway.
  • Wow, this is one of those times when a picture would be worth 1000 words. You last post is kind of confusing and I'm still not sure what's bent. Hopefully some XL owners will chime in with assistance. If you could post some pics of the dome and hinge assembly in both the open and closed positions, that would help a lot. If you don't get any more help here, call BGE and ask for customer service/Bruce. Gravity hinge??? Mark
  • gasface
    Ill post pics, but like I said, the misalignment is very minute. I didnt see any bending.

"Gravity hinge???" well the Black hinge. (I thought I saw it was called a gravity hinge or similar.

I have the one that came with the egg.. The silver one you kind of have to assemble yourself

This is the one I have...
    XL-Hinge-Shadow-thumb.gif

This is the one i was going to order
    springhinge.gif

Do the newer eggs ship with the black hinge? Maybe they shipped me an older egg?
  • This just gets more confusing as we go. Call me. Mark
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    The upper photo is a XL band and hinge. They have made a few changes over the last couple years but it still looks basically the same.
    The lower image is the band and hinge system used on the Large, Medium and small Eggs.
    They will "not" fit your XL.
    darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Hey Darian. Thanks. We went through all that offline. I think he's on the right track now. I had him watch Fred's video too and that helped. I'm still not sure what's wrong with his hinge and band assembly. He's going to take some pics tonight after he gets home and if I can't figure out what's wrong, I'll enlist an XL veteran to help diagnose. Mark
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Great, glad you were able to talk with him.
    darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas