Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WOW! Now that\"s Customer Service!

Options
Paul58
Paul58 Posts: 79
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I sent this e-mail to BGE HQ on Sunday:
We purchased a new Medium Big Green Egg from Brown's Pool Supply in Hiram, GA about 4 weeks ago. I have used the Egg about 5 times thus far and love it. Last night after starting it and getting it up to temp, the top felt gasket fell off when I opened the lid. Today I noticed the bottom Gasket is also loose and coming off. Is this covered by warranty? Should I contact Brown's Pool Supply for a replacement gasket? I have read on the Egghead Forum that there is a Nomex gasket available, is this better than the felt? Can I get the Nomex Gasket as a replacement under warranty? Thanks for your help.

Got this reply on Monday:
Hello Paul,

I am sorry to hear that your gasket has come unattached from your new Egg. Unfortunately we have had issues with the gasket adhesive on some newer Eggs. With that said, I have no problem sending you out our Nomex gasket, which we have had great success with. Once installed you should have no further problems with your gasket.

Thanks,

Bruce

That's what I call Customer Service!

Comments