Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Attention fellow eggers...

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It's good to see Dr BBQ posting of his success with the egg so I thought that I would chime in a little bit as well. Well, not about the egg itself but about that there Dizzy Pig stuff. I used it on my turkey in Marshalltown and took third place. That is a good product and I will always make sure to have some on hand.[p]Matt.

Comments

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    South O,[p]If you had an egg to cook it on you probably would have won!!
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    drbbq,[p]Over the years I had read about your disbelief in the egg. It’s great to see its working well for you! [p]Living in Atlanta, I must have past the store (literally) a hundred times and wondered “what in the hell” is a Big Green Egg? I even went in the store once and thought it was a weird, expensive grill. “What NUT would spend that kind of money on such a funny looking thing?" Probably some one with more money that sense. [p]Only years later, when I tasted food from an egg and could afford one did I realize I would soon be one of the crazy people who coveted my green eggs![p]<ing src="http://webpages.charter.net/dmetz/smokey.gif"&gt;
  • Unknown
    Options
    drbbq,
    LOL. I do have an egg Ray. I just didn't have it with me this weekend. Perhaps I could talk the Mrs South O into letting me get a medium to ride along side of my pellet pooper...[p]beers
    Matt.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Way to go Matt! There were some great teams there, and 3rd place is pretty serious bizness. Glad we could contribute a little to your success...though it was YOU that cooked the winning turkey![p]When you get a chance, let me know which rub you used! How did you do overall there?? From what I heard, it sounds like it was a good contest.[p]Congrats!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yo Nature Boy,[p]Overall I ended up in like 26th or 27th place. And that was after I took 1st in chicken (even beating a certain someone and his egg, LOL). I guess I had better start working on my ribs, pork and brisket...[p]Anyways, I just checked with my assistant cook (she's 11 now) and she seems to think that it was the Tsunami (sp) Spin. She is the one who suggested it and I agreed.[p]When is Mike (Hawgeyes) gonna start carrying your new rubs? I can't wait to try them.[p]Matt.
  • drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    South O,[p]You better go se Uncle Earnie again cuz I was 9th overall.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Unknown
    Options
    drbbq,
    LOL. I know. I figger that the chicken was nuttin but luck so i had better get my shots in while I can. Hopefully I will become as consistant as you and Uncle E in all of the categories.[p]Beers
    Matt.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    South O,
    Very cool indeed. Our girls will be 11 in 3 more years...then I'll have 2 assistants...if they are as willing as your assistant! Good luck on getting better with the pork and brisket. At least it is fun practicing![p]Hawgeyes will have the new rubs very soon. Sending them out today.
    Cheers!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • usa doug
    usa doug Posts: 96
    Options
    drbbq,
    Have your eyes glazed over let? Have you developed that deep lost stare in the eyes when you start talking about your egg?[p]I believe it is only a matter of time.
    usa doug

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    South O,[p]Congratulations to you and your assistant on the wins.
    Sounds like she and the rub are keepers. :~)[p]John

• Unknown
    Options
    Mr Doggies,[p]Thanks for the compliment and yes, the rubs and assistant are keepers. It's her momma and her younger sister who need to start pitching in a little more. LOL.[p]Beers mang
    Matt.

• Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Options
    South O,[p]Very nice Matt! Keep up the good work![p]Ashley