Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Attention fellow eggers

Options
drbbq
drbbq Posts: 1,152
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So far I have used my egg in 6 cookoffs. Here's how I've done.[p]Huntsville Alabama - 2nd place chicken[p]Kansas Speedway (150 teams) 2nd place chicken[p]Phiadelphia 1st Place Beans (We made a sweet bean pie and cooked it beautifully on the egg)and 6th place in Iron Chef (We cooked the rice, cabbage and duck all at different times on the egg) [p]Marshalltown, Iowa 2nd place Appetizer and 10th place chicken[p]How did they ever sell these things without me.[p]Eggamania is running wild.
[/b]
Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ

Comments

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    drbbq,
    I think I can speak for all here when I say....(as a tear streams down my face)...[p]Dr.....You make us proud!![p]Chubby

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    drbbq,
    Aw, c'mon. Yer holdin' back.... When are we going to hear about a 180 score on a brisket, butt or ribs? :-)[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    RodRayEggs.jpg
    <p />drbbq,
    Eggmania is running wild indeed. Picturemania too.[p]Too bad you won't be in New Holland. We could be "egg buddies". hee. [p]Lemonades to you.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    drbbq,
    Way to go, ya make us all proud, keep up the great work.[p]Cheers,
    New Bob

• char buddy
    char buddy Posts: 562
    Options
    drbbq,[p]Dude, [p]you still showing up at Forks Farm?[p]Who knows what will happened after you get hold of pastured chickens and sunshine pork.[p]CB
  • Mike in MN
    Mike in MN Posts: 546
    Options
    drbbq,
    Do they notice the egg?[p]Any comments?[p]
    Thanks,[p]Mike in MN

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    drbbq,[p]I don't know if I want to touch this one. How many times (and for how many years) did we have hit you over the head with a 2X4 before it finally registered??? [p]Just funnin' ya[p]K~G

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Mike in MN,[p]Yes they have noticed the egg. I told the head eggers that mine would be the most photographed egg in the country this Summer and I'm sure it is well on track for that.[p]Truth is I have hauled many different cookers and rigs around over the years and absolutely nothing has come close to getting all the attention the egg does. People are just intrigued by it's shape, name and general uniqueness (if that's a word). Oh yeah, the weird cult attraction sends many people over as well. "My neighbor has one and can't stop talking about it". It's a fun thing to have around.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    drbbq,
    Does it help you pick up chicks? :-)[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    drbbq,[p]It's funny that now that I've been to exactly one judging class and have judged one competition while having read three issues of the Bull Sheet, I now quickly check all of the competition results posted on the BBQ forum to see how the few folks I know did. I feel like a fantasy football geek poring through box scores on Monday morning to see how my teams did. I remarked to one of my younger brothers this afternoon that BBQ has become my second favorite sport.[p]Congrats on your victories and in being at least partially assimilated into the cult as evidenced by your naming your BGE. Soon you'll be cooking pizza topped with Blue Corn Tortilla Crusted Red Snapper with Poblano Vinaigrette and Sweet Onion-Corn Relish Roasted in Banana Leaves with Orange-Pineapple Relish with Chimichurri Marinade and Dried Chile-Mustard Sauce, and you'll truly become one of us.[p]Later,
    Cornfed
    [/b]
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Whiz:[p]Well, I never told you the story about my purchase of my cookers . . . Initially, she was very unhappy when out of the blue they arrived. Ultimately, they helped me keep the wife. She changed her mind after the third meal and often has the cooker going with something ready to be placed on the grill when I arrive home from work.[p]Then after telling her girlfirends about my cooking skills, she learned it is best to not have them over for dinner when I am cooking. I am gonna miss cooking for the girlfriends . . .
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Ray:[p]So . . . You got a Duck recipe you want to share with me?
    [/b]
  • Unknown
    Options
    drbbq,[p]Want to sell it? I'll save you having to haul it down to Florida.... ;-) Good job Ray!

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    drbbq,[p]That's an eggcellent record you got going there, Ray.
    It probably doesn't hurt that you know just a little something about cookin'......... but of course in the end, we know the egg is doing most of the work. :~)[p]John