Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Moving to Corpus Christi

Options
Frank from Houma
Frank from Houma Posts: 5,755
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Do I have to change my handle? B) Frank in CC, CC Egger?

Found a good place to put the Eggs. We close on the house in 10 days :)

ImageProxy2800x600.jpg

Comments

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Frank in Corpus Cristi?Na that won't work :whistle: Good luck with the move Frank,it looks like the eggs will get a good home though :woohoo:
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    what a great looking egg shack :laugh:

good luck with the move i hope i never have to move again i hate it.... that and i am lazy so work is not my favorite subject B)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Sweet digs!!! B) Just FRANK!!! ;)
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Thanks guys. It has great outdoor areas - just right for Egg parties.

View looking back to the house from the Eggs. Quality of the photos aren't too good - downloaded from a real estate site.

ImageProxy5800x600.jpg

ImageProxy4800x600.jpg
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Nice Frank, how far to the nearest fishing hole? :)
  • Mike in Abita
    Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Change it all you want. You will always be known as "Frank in Houma" in my book. Sorry to see such a great talent take his show on the road. Good luck with your new house and job.

Let me know if you need any vapor recovery help at work.

http://www.jordantech.com/
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Frank,

Nice digs! Y'all can still fish out of Corpus Christie can't you?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Frank:

Looks like a great home for the Eggs!

How about "Frank from Houma" :ermm: :P

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Frank from Houma
    Options
    Real close - lots of options.
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Absolutely - going to take a while to learn the fishing holes. Maybe I'll hire a guide a few times. :)
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    SO,,are you gonna repaint the boat? :whistle: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    No way - might have to pull the LSU sticker off. :laugh: Loads of Aggies and Longhorns around here. B)

boatcrop640x480.jpg

Limits are 25 fish in Louisiana and 10 in Texas on speckled trout. So there won't be any days like this.

Before :)
    101_2867800x600.jpg

After :woohoo:
    101_2869800x600.jpg
  • egguitarist
    Options
    Welcome to Texas.The Upper Laguna Madre is a great estuary. Lots of trout and reds and Baffin Bay is our trophy trout mecca. Miles of grass flats and clear water in the ULM. Baffin has a case of thebrown tide at the moment, but it's still giving up the occasional 8 and nine lber. I am in Houston but fish down there alot. If you need some guide info let me know. And if you find some spots you want to keep secret that boat color will have to go:]-you can spot it from 100 miles off
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options
    Hey Frank you are just changing fishing holes

Ross
  • SWOkla-Jerry
    Options
    Looks great Frank. Still looks like a possible hurricane threat. Do you give fishing lessons?
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    egguitarist wrote:
    Welcome to Texas.The Upper Laguna Madre is a great estuary. Lots of trout and reds and Baffin Bay is our trophy trout mecca. Miles of grass flats and clear water in the ULM. Baffin has a case of thebrown tide at the moment, but it's still giving up the occasional 8 and nine lber. I am in Houston but fish down there alot. If you need some guide info let me know. And if you find some spots you want to keep secret that boat color will have to go:]-you can spot it from 100 miles off

I have read article after article about the mules that come out of this area and I'm looking forward to trying it out. You are right about spotting the boat a mile off. :laugh: I have people make a wide turn from a long ways off just to come visit. :) It's slick calm around the pier at the hotel where I'm staying in Rockport - going to try them out in a few minutes.
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Jerry - catching is the easy part, finding is the hard part. B)
  • Bevo
    Bevo Posts: 179
    Options
    Welcome to Texas, Frank. Will you be joining us at the Texas Eggfest?

I am a diehard Longhorn fan, but my next-door neighbor graduated from LSU twice so we enjoy being around ragin' cajuns.
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Wish I could join you in Austin but between work and getting our house in Houma ready to sell, we are just too busy. I really like Austin. Went to high school there a long long time ago when there was still a HS Boarding at St. Edwards up the hill on Congress. Clean city - looks like it has been scrubbed down with a wire brush. :)
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    Frank, 3 good things about moving to Corpus: 1. Now you can host the Texas Eggfest by the Bay
    2. Now you can post blue crab pics and
    3. Now.we'll have a place to Egg when in town!!
    Where are you located in CC? Grew up in Pharoah Valley and Dad lives in 4600 Ocean Drive building. Fun town and great local beaches. Just too darned hot and humid--not unlike Houma, suppose.
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    The weather is a lot like Houma but a little windier. We bought a house on the south side of Corpus in Kings Crossing. We're pretty excited about the move - close next Monday or Tuesday whenever the seller is ready. Valero actually owns the home - they purchased at appraisal from an employee that was transferred to Wisconsin. I can't believe there is not an Egg dealer in Corpus. Corpus is plenty big enough to support an Egg dealership - much bigger than Houma. Would be an excellent opportunity for a nice locally owned hardware store or an outdoor furniture type of place. The closest one is in Rockport at a propane dealership.
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Options
    As long as you bring fresh fish, we Aggies don't mind the Tiger colors!
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • egguitarist
    Options
    I have a dealer 5 min from the house . When I head to Baffin to fish I could bring anything you need. I run a Majek redfish line built for redfish tourneys that my partner still insists in partaking, boat is great for running the flats

doc
  • Popsicle
    Popsicle Posts: 523
    Options
    Frank, from Rockport to the Land Cut. You are setting on the Holy Grail of saltwater fishing in Texas. Just doesn’t get any better.
    Popsicle
    Willis Tx.