Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Built-in Big Green Egg

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have seen pictures of BGEs being built-in. We plan on having a built-in area on the patio of the house we have under construction...I am wondering if anyone has done this and if so, where you got the dimensions (specs). We have the large BGE.[p]Thanks.
Colleen

Comments

• Mac  in NC
    Mac in NC Posts: 287
    Options
    Colleen Jones,
    A few months ago, someone posted a pic of his backyard grilling area. Unfortunately, I don't remember who. It looked like a stone wall with a BGE built in as well as a gass grill. The owner said he used the gass grill to store his tools now. Hopefully he will see this and repost that pic. Awesome setup!!! Mac

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Colleen Jones,[p]This might help some.[p]TRex
    [ul][li]BGE table plans[/ul]
  • Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Options
    Colleen Jones,[p]
    TRex has provided you a link to some good basic info that you builder should be able to use. In addition to that I simply searched the archives for "built-in" and found several threads. There is one below that is very nice, but I'm not sure if that is what you want. The owner of that post provided their email it appears. You could possibly send them a message for addition information.[p]HTH
    Ashley [p]

[ul][li]http://www.biggreenegg.com/archives/2003/messages/59699.htm[/ul]
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    3379976323232%7Ffp8%3Enu%3D3236%3E7%3B3%3E842%3Ewsnrcg%3D32324948989%3A4nu0mrj
    <p />Colleen Jones,
    I suppose you could call mine "built in" because it doesn't roll like some do. Plus, I designed it with a place for my cheap gas grill (no longer used) and plenty of storage for accessories, lump & smoking wood. I also added an electrical outlet on the end.[p]If I build another one I will plan on a second Egg, a refrigerator and possibly a sink. [p]If you follow the plans fairly close and make adjustments to suit your own needs, you will be happy with the results. There are a lot of really great ideas incorporated into tables and it would probably be worth your time to do some research in the archives. [p]Good luck on yours.[p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA[p]

• The Other Dave
    Options
    Spring Chicken, I like the lump storage unit on the upper left side.

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    Colleen Jones,
    We bricked ours in. I do not have the dimensions though. If you are really wanting them, e-mail me and I will have hubby measure for you. [p]~nikki

[ul][li]Our Egg[/ul]
  • germanshorthair
    Options
    nikkig,[p]Just checked out your brick egg stand,cause I'm looking for ideas for mine. Very nice and obviously built to last.
  • nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    germanshorthair,
    Thank you. We really enjoy it. I also have a small, but it just sits in the bge nest. [p]~nikki