Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Barbeque wood flavors lump

JPFJPF Posts: 591
edited 1:15AM in EggHead Forum
Found this at the local ace hardware, it's pretty cheap at 11 bucks a bag. Looks like the bag has changed since the whiz reviewed it. I agree it's pretty easy to light, has a purty sweet smell when burning. Lot's of ash when it's done. Works out ok when using just enough lump for one cook.
031509001.jpg
031509002.jpg
031509003.jpg

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 19,170
    The Made in Argentina comment is enough turn off for me. I got burnt on the foreign crap that Royal Oak tried to pass off on us a couple years back. Being a wood worker I know wood species are one thing, but the weeds, vines, and bugs native "over there" are not necessarily the ones we have "over here".
    L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • danny285danny285 Posts: 360
    John where did you get that at.
  • JPFJPF Posts: 591
    Ace hardware in Jacksonville
    My all time favorite is still ozark oak, but I have just started to try other stuff a little. The only RO that I have ever tried was this. Not sure which kind it is. I was not really impressed with it.
    113008002.jpg
    I will keep using Ozark oak, besides it's available at most stores even the shop and robs have a bag or two.
    021609001.jpg
    I agree!!! If you live anywhere near Yellsville, why the hell would you use ANYTHING other than Ozark Oak?
    L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    Where are you located in Arkansas?My dad has a place in Melbourne and I have an X in Bull Shoals.I may have to get my Pa to see if he can find OO locally and bring me a sample.
    Yellville,Flippin,Bull Shoals Aren't they all pretty close to each other?
    The Ozark Oak is available at lots of places around here in Ar, and for the money it is really good stuff.
    John and i are both just east of LR.
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Well, they are all in Arkansas.
    Thanks,I needed that! ;)
  • mojomojo Posts: 216
    Ozark Oak is all I've used thus far, so I have nothing to compare it to but I like it. It's easy to light. Does it come in larger bags than the ones in the photo above?
    Not that I have ever saw.
    why mess with just a sample? - have him fill up the back seat and trunk! You won't regret it.
    IMG_1193.jpg
    L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • JeevesJeeves Posts: 461
    Yeah, and they stack it the EXACT way EVERY time you go... It's amazing - hope you got some Lion's Choice!