Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Barbeque wood flavors lump

JPFJPF Posts: 591
edited 5:23PM in EggHead Forum
Found this at the local ace hardware, it's pretty cheap at 11 bucks a bag. Looks like the bag has changed since the whiz reviewed it. I agree it's pretty easy to light, has a purty sweet smell when burning. Lot's of ash when it's done. Works out ok when using just enough lump for one cook.
031509001.jpg
031509002.jpg
031509003.jpg
·

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 15,889
    The Made in Argentina comment is enough turn off for me. I got burnt on the foreign crap that Royal Oak tried to pass off on us a couple years back. Being a wood worker I know wood species are one thing, but the weeds, vines, and bugs native "over there" are not necessarily the ones we have "over here".
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • danny285danny285 Posts: 360
    John where did you get that at.
    ·
  • JPFJPF Posts: 591
    Ace hardware in Jacksonville
    ·
    My all time favorite is still ozark oak, but I have just started to try other stuff a little. The only RO that I have ever tried was this. Not sure which kind it is. I was not really impressed with it.
    113008002.jpg
    I will keep using Ozark oak, besides it's available at most stores even the shop and robs have a bag or two.
    021609001.jpg
    ·
    I agree!!! If you live anywhere near Yellsville, why the hell would you use ANYTHING other than Ozark Oak?
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Where are you located in Arkansas?My dad has a place in Melbourne and I have an X in Bull Shoals.I may have to get my Pa to see if he can find OO locally and bring me a sample.
    ·
    Yellville,Flippin,Bull Shoals Aren't they all pretty close to each other?
    ·
    The Ozark Oak is available at lots of places around here in Ar, and for the money it is really good stuff.
    ·
    John and i are both just east of LR.
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Well, they are all in Arkansas.
    ·
    Thanks,I needed that! ;)
    ·
  • mojomojo Posts: 216
    Ozark Oak is all I've used thus far, so I have nothing to compare it to but I like it. It's easy to light. Does it come in larger bags than the ones in the photo above?
    ·
    Not that I have ever saw.
    ·
    why mess with just a sample? - have him fill up the back seat and trunk! You won't regret it.
    IMG_1193.jpg
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • JeevesJeeves Posts: 461
    Yeah, and they stack it the EXACT way EVERY time you go... It's amazing - hope you got some Lion's Choice!
    ·