Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

CyberQ....has anyone ordered yet?

mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
edited 1:10AM in EggHead Forum
Getting ready to make my order and was wondering if anyone else took the plunge and ordered the new CyberQ?
·

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320
    Mike,

I was pretty sure I did :laugh: :laugh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • EggtuckyEggtucky Posts: 2,746
    curious about the 'over the internet' monitoring...any idea if it will pickup a wireless network?
    ·
  • lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    think i will go to their shop on friday and pick one up
    ·
  • DrZaiusDrZaius Posts: 1,481
    That just might be the coolest grill accessory that I have seen since the 2cycle Blender. But HOLY CRAP 300.00. I will have to save for that. It is almost unreasonable. :S
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
    ·
  • DrZaiusDrZaius Posts: 1,481
    It should be CAT6 instead of USB. Most people's home PC's are not real close to their grills.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
    ·
  • mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    you are covered my friend!!
    ·
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,656
    I agree. See manuals posted below.
    canuckland
    ·
    Control Interface setup guide:
    Chapter 5 describes the five PC hookup options, last option (5.5) is how to setup for monitoring/control via internet.
    http://www.thebbqguru.com/PDFs/CyberQ2_ PCApp_User_guide_Rev_1.05.pdf

User Guide:
    http://www.thebbqguru.com/PDFs/CyberQ2_User_guide_rev1.0_for_v1.05_firmware.pdf
    canuckland
    ·
  • We will be in Salisbury at the Pork in the Park Cook-off on Friday but we will be here on Monday.
    ·
  • http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat_id=1521&sku=29341

There are a few cool wireless USB systems out there that overcome that problem.

Bob Trudnak
    The BBQ Guru
    ·
  • mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    great job Bob i can not wait to try out the new cyber!!
    My biggest thing was running multiple eggs and meats at the same time! Maybe one day i will get the usb set up but for now its for my multiple eggs!Again Great Job on the new CyberQ!!
    ·
  • Thanks Mike, I appreciate it!!

Bob
    ·
  • BBQ-GatorBBQ-Gator Posts: 35
    Ordered mine yesterday. Can't wait to get it. Hope it's here by the weekend.
    ·
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    :laugh: And why exactly would I need one of these things. :) ..lookin forward to seein you "and Fred" again..
    ·
    Bob, that's precisely my concern, spend another $100+ to overcome the USB's 15-ft limitation by connecting the base and remote units of the booster with a 100-150ft standard CAT5/CAT6 LAN cable. Why not have a builtin NIC (network interface card) and webserver (like the Stoker?) so a CAT5/CAT6 cable can be plugged into it directly? It'll also eliminate the need for special software such as PC Anywhere (more $ and setup) for internet access.

Don't get me wrong, it's probably better than the Stoker in many ways, except for the PC/internet capability.
    canuckland
    ·
  • AzScottAzScott Posts: 309
    If Bob's still running around, I'd love to see a guru that does or does not control the blower but also takes inputs from 3-5 meat probes with a display for all of them with different temp alarms. I would buy that in an instant.
    ·