Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ham Shank ala \"Patron Saint Egret\"

FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
edited 5:48PM in EggHead Forum
10# ham shank with the maple bourbon glaze. Just added a little brown sugar to the glaze and some red wine to the drip pan.

At the 4 hour mark

101_3008.jpg

Added a couple slices of pineapple with the PH rub

101_3009.jpg

Total of 5 hours and it's done

101_3010.jpg

101_3011.jpg

101_3013.jpg

Thats some good stuff. Had 3 helpings, Thanks John.

Comments

• JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Looks great Pat. Really like the way you hung the pineapple off the ham! ;) You get a little glaze for yourself while cook'en that?!! :laugh:
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,359
    Pat,

Looks good. You on a diet?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    MMMMMMMMMM.........Sparky like ham!!!! :P Looks great FlaPoolperson :lol: ;) :)
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Glaze for me?? Never :whistle: :whistle:
    Just for 1 night Steve,Ya know, gotta watch my figure :huh: ;) Did make 4 sammies for tomorrow.
    Best part Doug is it was only $.98 a pound. Can't wait to make some soup with the bone. :cheer:
  • DrZaiusDrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Man that looks real good. That recipe is on my to do list. B)
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
    The hams are all on sale now that Easter is over.
  • AnnaGAnnaG Posts: 1,104
    Good grief that looks good!!!

I can't wait to try some of that DP Pineapple Head... Sounds like it is wonderful...

Thanks...
    ...AnnaG...
  • egretegret Posts: 4,035
    Saint egret says you're most welcome...... :laugh:
  • reelgemreelgem Posts: 4,256
    That ham looks fantastic Pat!!! Are you on a diet? Only 3 helpings? Is Ernie not feeling well?? :)
  • Beautiful looking ham, Pat. You must know I have a thing for Egrets ham by now.

Faith
    Tampa, FL
  • Beautiful looking ham, Pat. You must know I have a thing for Egrets ham by now.

Faith
    Tampa, FL
  • Good stuff Pat. Didn't cook a ham for the holiday, but I think I may need to hunt some shanks down. Nice job with the Pineapple. ;)