Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Feeding 75 Help.

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well i got invited to a wedding and reception after the wedding for a close friend that has eaten my egg cooking a few times. They asked me to cook the meat for 75 peeps. I need to know what would be a good and easy cook. I was thinking about prime rib.
What do yall think, I have never cooked one before and would need recipes and directions and how long can i store it, so i will know when to start cooking for a july 3 7PM wedding.
Thank you in advance for the help i know i will receive. All of you have never let me down before.
Thank You
Your egg bro :)
METMAN from Conyers, Ga.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    METMAN,
    what exactly are you wanting to cook?
    ribs, chicken, brisket?

• Bill in VA
    Bill in VA Posts: 29
    Options
    And how many eggs do you own?[p]Bill[p]
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    METMAN,
    It would seem to me you should be asking the wedding couple what they want. They might not view pulled pork on cheap white hamburger buns sufficiently formal for their reception. How formal is the reception? Do they want a sit down meal or heavy h'orderves (screw the spelling :-) ) or what? I think you would need to know this kind of info before you start trying to pick a meat to cook. I wonder if the same advice photographers use (never, ever, volunteer to photograph a friend's wedding) would apply to cooking for the reception. :-)[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    METMAN,[p]I hope this multiple pic thing works.[p]You could do Mad Max Beyong Eggdome's flank steak.....[p]flanksteak.jpg[p]Or some pulled pork and brisket.........[p]bigcook.jpg[p]I have the flank steak recipe at home an can post it tonight if it you can't find it. It's fantastic and you can cook a bunch ahead of time and either reheat or serve cold which I think is the actual recipe. The pulled pork/brisket cook pictured will feed 75 with leftovers. You could do it ahead and food saver it if needed.[p]Good luck and let us know how you make out.
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    The Naked Whiz, I don't know. AT least with cooking if you totally screw it up you can always shell out some bucks and just buy a dinner from somewhere. I have photographed about 15 weddings but the one I screwed up will haunt me forever. You can't bring in another photographer, once you decide the pictures are no good. :-(

• Unknown
    Options
    Chuck,
    Those look great, the bride to be asked me to cook what i wanted. Im feeding a bunch of biker friends. I only have 1 egg. What i was thinking of cookning is prime rib, but i have never cooked it before. I have never cooked a brisket either. Which is easier hte pulled pork or the bricket?
    Thanks.
    Met :)

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    METMAN,
    I think boston butt/pulled pork is easier to get a good result than brisket, at least for an amateur like me. I've done 3 butts and each one was good. I've done 6-7 briskets and only the last 2 have I learned to get it something close to "right". You probably need to start practicing on your friends and neighbors and then make a decision.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Options
    METMAN,[p]
    A butt or picnic is really hard to screw up no matter what. Knowing how to cook a good brisket every time is a gift from God.......... I can cook a pretty good one, but there is no telling how many I screwed up to be able to get to this point. [p]A prime rib is not a hard cook but the logistics of serving it cooked to order is. I only cook it now for folks I have over that I know will be able to eat it cooked to medium or cooler.[p]Ashley

• Unknown
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    I think its gonna be boston butt for the wedding cook. Now, how many butts to cook on 1 egg?
    Thanks
    Met :)