Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

DIZZY PIG Salt Free Rub

danny285danny285 Posts: 360
edited 4:04PM in EggHead Forum
Has anyone had experience with the dizzy pig salt free rubs, as a person that has to watch salt intake was wondering about the taste of this product. as most rubs are very high in salt.
·

Comments

• HaggisHaggis Posts: 998
    I've used some and don't find much difference from the non-salt-free rubs.

I'll add here that Chris has said in the past (if I correctly understood him) that most of the DP rubs do not have a large salt component. That was said a couple years ago in response to my spouse's complaint that she didn't like Raising the Steaks because it tastes so salty.
    ·
  • neweggnewegg Posts: 78
    Bought the salt free and found them to be great. Use them often to avoid too much salt. All Dizzy Pigs stuff is great. Glad they have a salt free. :)
    ·