Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OK Eggfest cooking

Options
Lightnin' Bolt
Lightnin' Bolt Posts: 37
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am taking the plunge and actually signed up to cook at the OK Eggfest next weekend. I must say I am a bit intimidated by all of the people signed-up. I am quite excited though!

My question is, how many different things do people usually cook? Should I expect to bring 4-5 different things to cook throughout the day, or are a couple of things alright to cook?

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    I used to cook 4-5 different things but anymore I only do one or two. In OK I'm only planning on doing one thing, tostadas, but I'll be making a number of them all day. The Filly is doing a rum cake and hodag cookies. -RP
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    You need to bring what you are comfortable with. You can't feed everyone and shouldn't even try. OKC is my favorite one, so I go a little overboard. You want to make sure you give yourself enough time to meet people on the forum and not be a slave to cooking.

Mike
  • icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Think of it like a talegate party. If you like to cook all day then do so...if you want to cook a little and visit more than do that. If you want to just walk around drinking beer and eating than do that. Just bring plenty of beer.

Remember this is just for fun so do what you want because we will only point and laugh at you!!!!!

:whistle:
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Ya know the forum member with the lowest post count has to buy dontca? :laugh:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Yep what they said is so true. Have fun.
    Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    I'm gonna walk around and eat AZRP and CWMike's offerings. There is a city fire code that prohibits me from cooking.

LR