Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Triple Spatchcock Last Night

Options
glousteau
glousteau Posts: 124
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cooked up 3 birds last night, two for the family - got some out of town guests. And one for a guy I work with, he's trying to convince his wife that they need an egg. Man they came out great! I cut the backbone out and seasoned them on Thursday night, left them in the fridge uncovered till Saturday. For the first time, I cooked em skin down for 15 min or so, then flipped them over for the remainder of the cook.

If you're looking for a new seasoning to try, here's my recipe. My Dad and I have been using this for years on chicken, prime rib, rump roasts, etc.. Its a great all around seasoning. I've tried many different rubs on Spatchcock, but think this is the best by far...

Just out of the fridge
2009-04-09-12_030.jpg

On the egg, skin down for a bit
2009-04-09-12_031.jpg

Flipped
2009-04-09-12_034.jpg

Ready to Eat
2009-04-09-12_036.jpg

Foiled for my friend
2009-04-09-12_037.jpg

Was delicious....

Here's the rub recipe, its eggcelent on lots of things. The name is smoke seasoning, but there is nothing smokey about it.
Smoking Seasoning

1 lb. 10 oz. Salt
4 T Black Pepper
1 T Onion Salt
4 T Cayenne Pepper
2 T Celery Salt
2 T Dill Seed
1 T Garlic Salt
3 T Monosodium Glutamate (Greg uses Accent)
2 T Paprika
4 T White Sugar

Mix thoroughly and store in a covered jar in a dry place. Let stand several days before using.

Comments