Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yucky, Stuck Daisy Wheel?

Options
USDA Prime
USDA Prime Posts: 89
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Daisy wheel vent stuck and the daisy top won't rotate due to many, many enjoyable cooks on the BGE? Well, take that sucker off, put in a disposable aluminum pan and spray it liberally with Greased Lightning. Turn it over and repeat - again and again until the brown stuff ceases to run off. No brushing is necessary - just rinse and dry. Clean it good enough and that baby will spin like the hubcaps of the car next to you at the redlight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Someone tought me early on to put the daisy in the egg when your done cooking and cap the the ceramic one to kill the fire. It will stay exactly how you want it. Seasoned, spinny and still a bit sticky ;)
  • Woody69
    Woody69 Posts: 360
    Options
    Ripnem wrote:
    Someone tought me early on to put the daisy in the egg when your done cooking and cap the the ceramic one to kill the fire. It will stay exactly how you want it. Seasoned, spinny and still a bit sticky ;)

That's what I do. Works great !
  • NooBBQ
    NooBBQ Posts: 134
    Options
    Ripnem wrote:

And another ditto as this one is so simple it is almost embarassing.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    And you don't need a hammer to get it spinning :laugh:
    It used to scare the crap out of my, hitting it a few times :unsure: