Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Yucky, Stuck Daisy Wheel?

USDA PrimeUSDA Prime Posts: 89
edited 12:20PM in EggHead Forum
Daisy wheel vent stuck and the daisy top won't rotate due to many, many enjoyable cooks on the BGE? Well, take that sucker off, put in a disposable aluminum pan and spray it liberally with Greased Lightning. Turn it over and repeat - again and again until the brown stuff ceases to run off. No brushing is necessary - just rinse and dry. Clean it good enough and that baby will spin like the hubcaps of the car next to you at the redlight!!!!!!!!!!!!!
·

Comments

• RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Someone tought me early on to put the daisy in the egg when your done cooking and cap the the ceramic one to kill the fire. It will stay exactly how you want it. Seasoned, spinny and still a bit sticky ;)
    ·
  • Woody69Woody69 Posts: 360
    Ripnem wrote:
    Someone tought me early on to put the daisy in the egg when your done cooking and cap the the ceramic one to kill the fire. It will stay exactly how you want it. Seasoned, spinny and still a bit sticky ;)

That's what I do. Works great !
    ·
  • NooBBQNooBBQ Posts: 134
    Ripnem wrote:

And another ditto as this one is so simple it is almost embarassing.
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    And you don't need a hammer to get it spinning :laugh:
    It used to scare the crap out of my, hitting it a few times :unsure:
    ·