Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

LG BGE at Sam's club

bmlovebmlove Posts: 56
edited 6:12AM in EggHead Forum
Now I've seen it all. A LG BGE at Sams Club here in Austin for $698 - included the nest and the side racks. Not a bad price. I already have two, wonder if they'll get a Medium or Small? Next on my wish list. :)

Happy Easter Everyone.
·

Comments

• Great price, just the large Egg here goes for 760.
    ·
  • bmlovebmlove Posts: 56
    Going for over 700 in most every other store here too. Might just have to get a third one. :) But will wait to see if a Med/Small pop up there. :)
    ·
  • I'm surprised the Mothership would use Sam's Club or any other big box retailer as a retail channel. There are three reasons I can see:

1) Wal-Mart/Sam's Club is all about price over service. While that might be OK for commodity products, I wouldn't clump the BGE in this category. I believe customer education is the best way to sell BGEs.

2) It could potentially be a reputational disaster. Cooking on charcoal is different than on gas, and if a new owner throws his chicken on before allowing the white smoke to disappear, the BGE is going to have an unhappy customer. A good dealer should ensure a new owner doesn't make any nubee mistakes (although we can see from this forum that this isn't always the case).

3) Sam's Club will likely provide very little after sales service and accessories. Although this may be a benefit for local dealers that can step in to fill the gap, it doesn't fully educate the consumer on what's available for the BGE.

Just my two bits.
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    ??? :whistle: A deal is a deal!!! :whistle:
    ·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    I gotta say, that surprises me a bit, too.

Happy Easter!

Mike
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,269
    I just paid $685. for May del. and no sides for 2 larges from the Texas Eggfest demos. One for me and one for a friend. No diference in demo and new but you get the sides, and get it now. To late as they have cashed my credit card for both.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • WilbyWilby Posts: 155
    I absolutely agree with what you said. Although out here in our area, in Temecula, CA it is harder and harder to find anything egg. :S
    ·
  • Texas EggieTexas Eggie Posts: 150
    I saw an egg knock of at the Home Depot in New Braunfels, TX. I think it was called a bubba barrel. It was high dollar too.
    ·