Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Small Egg and Chicken

Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,341
edited 1:47PM in EggHead Forum
ChickenOnSmall.jpg
<p />I am finding that the small egg does the best chicken! Seems to burn more even, and the proximity to the coals, with a slightly raised grate sems perfect. Plus, must be something about the dome being smaller and cooking more from the top. Maybe it's magic.[p]90 minutes starting at 300 and settling on 250, then 10 minutes with the sauce at 300. The small egg (and my new spring hinge) is a great little cooker! Each size seems to have its own favorite food.[p]Beers!
Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
·

Comments

• ChubbyChubby Posts: 2,790
    Nature Boy,[p]Damm....Dem is some gooood lookin' thighs!! [p]Do you ship "Overnight"?[p]Chubby

·
  • WingnutWingnut Posts: 26
    Nature Boy,[p]I always thought the same thing too. Could it have something to do with the large amount of moisture in such a small area? [p]Wingnut

·
  • WingnutWingnut Posts: 26
    Nature Boy,[p]I always thought the same thing too. Could it have something to do with the large amount of moisture in such a small area? [p]Wingnut

·
  • Is the small model big enough to do a whole chicken on a beer can (a drunk chicken or whatever they call it)?[p]Is there enough height?

·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,341
    King,
    Yes. Using the regular grate level you could easily do a beer butt chicken. It's a great lttle cooker. I think overall I use it more that the medium and the large. [p]Cheers!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    ·
    Wingnut,
    Maybe a little to do with that. What, you don't think it is magic? [p]Hee
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    ·
  • QBabeQBabe Posts: 2,275
    Nature Boy,[p]Those are some FINE looking chicken parts! Thanks for sharing...It IS really magical, isn't it![p]That's a fine looking new spring hinge you've got there as well. Ours came late last week, but we didn't get a chance to switch it out this past weekend. Hopefully next weekend we can get it done and start enjoying it.[p]Tonia
    :~)

·
    Thanks Tonia. I sure enjoyed chowing them down.[p]It is a great hinge. What a major improvement! You'll love it.[p]Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    ·
  • MACMAC Posts: 442
    Nature Boy,
    YOU got a new hinge? Kule! How does it work? do you have any problems with gap? I love my small. use it alot. Time to replace the gasket though. GRRR...ATE Lookin' parts there. YUM!

·
    MAC,
    Seals great. Having a little trouble getting the large to seal with the new hinge, but the small works perfect. Shweet one handed operation.[p]Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    ·
  • PujPuj Posts: 615
    NB,[p]No surprise about your efforts with chicken, or with about any foods.[p]The spring hinge for the small is truly a gem. It represents a marked improvement in the small. Installation can be a challenge (at least mine was), but at the end of the day, the verdict is "thumbs up." [p]Puj

·