Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket cook time

Options
Panhandle Smoker
Panhandle Smoker Posts: 3,018
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am trying to figure a good time to have my 13.5 lb Whole Brisket done by 8:00 AM CST. Is a good rule of thumb 1.5-2 hours per pound? I am leaning that the 2 hours per pound would be the extreme max.

Comments

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    Depends on what your smoke temp is going to be. I smoke at 250/255 for around 16 hours. Each brisket is different. Maybe some more experienced brisket cooks will chime in. It's OK to be early because if you wrap it up it will stay hot for hours. Good luck to you, Tom
  • Pitmaster
    Pitmaster Posts: 74
    Options
    Rule of thumb: cook by temp of meat. How can one say it takes so long for a brisket? Depends on size, temp of smoker and cut of brisket. All briskets are NOT the same. I always cook by meat temp. You can estimate at 1-1/2 to 2 hours per pound, but it's gonna be done when its done.