Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Photobucket Blows

Options
Eggtucky
Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
That's all I'm gonna say...photobucket blows

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,894
    Options
    ???????????????????

care to expand on that? Thanks!

I mean did you lose some pixs or something? I have often wondered if I should backup some pixs I have stored there.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    not really..spent the last hour trying to get ONE pic to display properly..their edit features are buggy, half the time they are down or have some kinda issues..just ridiculous!..scr*w it!..hadda pretty nice stir fry I wanted to share..but not gonna spend anymore time w/photobucket uploading pix in the wrong axis rotation...geesh!
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    you shouldn't have them ONLY on photobucket.

if they are important, they should be backed up.

i think PB also resizes them as it uploads them, so you are losing resolution on really big pics.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    Defiantly have them on your hard drive, a CD, a floppy…something!
    I have had some trouble logging on to Photo Bucket upon occasion, but never anything real major.
    OTOH, I run all my pics through a program here (Adobe Photoshop 6.0) first sizing them down for Cyber purposes and then upload to PB.
    I haven’t had any troubles so far!
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    yeah I agree..all photos go to my hd before I up them to photobucket..what I was gettin so frustrated about here was it kept rotating one of my pix 90degrees no matter how I uploaded it and wouldn't let me edit in photobucket to get it properly oriented!
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    I have used photobucket for a couple of years and I can not remember 1 time that their site was down. Their linked pictures have never failed on the multiple forums that I participate with. Sounds like user issues to me. :P
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • EmandM'sDad
    EmandM'sDad Posts: 648
    Options
    I've switched to MyPictureTown. 2 gig of storage for free, with more available. main reason is it's not blocked from work.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    are you able to pull pics from there to post here?
  • Smokin' T
    Smokin' T Posts: 259
    Options
    Being new to the forum, where can a person get step by step instructions on how to post pictures.

Tom
    Dunedin, Fl.
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    You will need a “service”, I use photobucket.com, so unless you already have something in place you will need to set up an account.
    First you need to upload you pictures to the service which will then enable you to paste / insert an IMG code into you text. It really is nothing more than a copy and paste.
    And then….Just like magic you have the photo on the forum!!
  • Smokin' T
    Options
    Thanks for the response, don't fully understand "service". Where does one get this service, how does one apply for it? :)

Tom
    Dunedin, Fl.
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    Well...
    As for photobucket (there are others) go to www.photobucket.com and jump through their hoops.
    It is free but there are hoops!
  • Smokin' T
    Options
    Thanks sooo much for the help. I will do as you suggested :)

Tom
    Dunedin,Fl.