Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pictures Revisited (35 or so)

Options
Joel Ferman
Joel Ferman Posts: 243
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
2.JPG
<p />Well, like the summy that I am, I went up to Chico for the weekend to visit some friends (and my egg) and neglected to bring my camera. Well, I made a brisket, 2 porterhouses, and am making 2 pork butts tomorrow. Since I can't show you pics of what I am making, i'll just post some oldies but goodies.[p]P1130002.JPG[p]P1130008.JPG[p]P1200014.JPG[p]P2030028.JPG[p]P2150012.JPG[p]P2150013.JPG[p]P2160020.JPG[p]P2160030.JPG[p]P8210036.JPG[p]P8250009.JPG[p]P9100071.JPG[p]P8250008.JPG[p]P9100072.JPG[p]P9120075.JPG[p]P9170002.JPG[p]P9170003.JPG[p]P9180016.JPG[p]P9180019.JPG[p]P9230048.JPG[p]PA180056.JPG[p]PA180054.JPG[p]PB030081.JPG[p]P5100090.JPG[p]P5080081.JPG[p]P5080082.JPG[p]P5080084.JPG[p]P4300030.JPG[p]P4300031.JPG[p]P4300034.JPG[p]P4300035.JPG[p]P3260043.JPG[p]P3260044.JPG[p]P3260046.JPG[p]P3260050.JPG

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Joel Ferman,[p]How did that sticky bun get in there? Did you bake it in your cooker?[p]I can't tell if you are majoring in food prep, photography, cooking, or computer science. Cooks doesn't have any better pictures than those in the magazine. Nice, ofcourse now everyone will post asking how to post multiple pictures. Maybe I will add that to my How to Post a Picture webpage.[p]
    Tim

• Tim M
    Options
    Tim M,[p]
    I did add a section at the bottom of the page on How to Post Multiple Pictures. [p]Linked below[p]Tim

[ul][li]How to post a picture or multiple pictures[/ul]
  • Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 243
    Options
    Joel Ferman,[p]Looks great! How many lbs was that giant hamburger?[p]Ryan[p]PS: Thanks god for broadband...

• Aron
    Aron Posts: 170
    Options
    Tim M,[p]Thanks Tim. I've been wondering about that myself, and your explanation is super easy.
    --Aron

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Tim M,
    Morning Tim,
    Well it's 9:03 where I'm at so it may be noon for you. LOL[p]About multi pictures, can you put the first one in the "LINK" box so that a camera image will show on the post and then the rest in the message area at needed???????[p]Thanks,
    New Bob (getting older)

• Bill in VA
    Bill in VA Posts: 29
    Options
    Joel Ferman,[p]What did you do with the salmon filets? They look like they have encountered a little teriyaki maybe? How bout sharing your recipe?[p]Bill

• Tim M
    Options
    New Bob,[p]Yes, that is the way I would do it.[p]Tim
  • Joel Ferman
    Options
    P7070002.JPG
    <p />Bill in VA,
    FIRST of all, let me apoligize in advance for the poor spelling. It's been a LOONNG night and I just woke up.[p]I don't do anything sceintific here, so bear with me here. I use yoshidas sauce as the base, and add ingredients to it to taste. Here's a picture of the ingredients I use :-) (in the crystal geyser is the Mr. Yoshida's....... long story) Oh, and this sauce was injected in the salmon steaks, then smoked at 200 degrees (I can't remember what wood I used, but I am inclined to think orange...... these taste great with REALLY thinly sliced oranged dropped on top of them towards the last few hours of cooking.) I have no idea how long I cooked them for, but it was quite a while... you might wanna bump it up to 225.[p]Mr yoshida's original gormet sauce (depends on how much of the end product you want, but this is the majority of the liquid, so i'd say 85-95% of the ending yeild will be comprised of it.)[p]Then add a good portion of brown sugar..... I don't like to skimp on it, as the brown sugar gives the sauce a REALLY great flavor, so I usually give it a few good size spoonfulls. At this point I add a squirt of lemon juice as well, but this can be left out if desired.[p]Next I add in a squirt of honey.[p]Lastly I add some Sake and/or jack daniels. This is all relative to what you want to do with the sauce (IE, if you want to use it as a marinade, don't add too much liquor, as if you marinate meat in liquor for more than a day or so, it breaks the meat down and make it taste kinda nappy). [p]I usually make this in a salad dressing shaking vile so that 30 seconds of vigourus shaking mixes the ingridients completly. [p]I use this sauce for almost anything.... it's a fanstastic sauce to mess around with, as it is terribly difficult to ruin, and the simple adition of key ingredients radically changes the use of the sauce. I have tried chili powder, garlic, ginger, etc etc. [p]FYI, I actually made this when I was just messing around with a sauce that would give a nice carmely burn on some seared shrimp....... when I make sauces I leave out all of the ingriednets and if it tastes good, I take a pic of them (as I did here) so that I remember what I did.[p]If you all are REALLY interested and you give me a week or so, i'll figure out the exact proportions, but seriously, it is pretty easy to do to your preference.[p]-Joel

These are pics of the shrimp made with the sauce. They were probably the best shrimp I had ever eaten. Interesting crispy outside with fluffy soft inside.[p]2.JPG[p]3.JPG[p]P7070014.JPG[p]P7070016.JPG[p]P7070017.JPG

• Joel Ferman
    Options
    Ryan,
    You know, I forgot, but I want to say somewhere between 3-5lbs. There were like 5-6 slices of bacon alone ground up into them. We made bigger once, but had to cut it like a pizza, and it kinda ruined the experience.
    -Joel

• Unknown
    Options
    Joel Ferman,[p]The shrimp looks great!! Two questions - - -[p]Where do you get Yoshida Sauce?[p]Did you put the sauce on the shrimp before cooking it or after it was cooked?
  • Joel Ferman
    Options
    KL,
    I get yoshida's at Costco, Safeway, Albertsons or any grocer. It is a pretty common sauce, I would be pretty shocked if your grocer didn't carry it. Oh, and I put the sauce on before. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
    -Joel