Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

I just got a 3 tier grid - what to do

GrasshopperGrasshopper Posts: 108
edited 6:31AM in EggHead Forum
At our employers Christmas Party i recieved an award which was a gift certificate at our Big Green Egg shop. I decided to get the 3 tier grid. Now the question is what to do, any ideas, recommendations and pictures would be great. I am excited, but need ideas
·

Comments

• Cook! :laugh:

Actually, I don't have one but have been considering getting one myself. I'll be interested in the other responses too. What a nice gift.
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,861
    I assume you also got the shorter fire ring??
    I find that the 3 tiered needs to be taken out of the large to turn the pieces. When in the BGE one level is even with the gasket and trying to sauce something I get sauce on the gasket and it is a mess. I just take the whole thing out and do whatever and then place back into the BGE.
    ·
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Posts: 108
    i did get the 2 inch firering, what are you cooking on it
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,861
    Ribs, Chicken pieces. Have had since Eggtoberfest '06, Do not use it much, prefer to just take a second rack and use bolts or fire brick to space the two grids.
    ·
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    If you use a platesetter, foil it to prevent drippings from making a mess.
    ·