Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

I just got a 3 tier grid - what to do

GrasshopperGrasshopper Posts: 108
edited 9:49AM in EggHead Forum
At our employers Christmas Party i recieved an award which was a gift certificate at our Big Green Egg shop. I decided to get the 3 tier grid. Now the question is what to do, any ideas, recommendations and pictures would be great. I am excited, but need ideas

• Cook! :laugh:

Actually, I don't have one but have been considering getting one myself. I'll be interested in the other responses too. What a nice gift.
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,971
    I assume you also got the shorter fire ring??
    I find that the 3 tiered needs to be taken out of the large to turn the pieces. When in the BGE one level is even with the gasket and trying to sauce something I get sauce on the gasket and it is a mess. I just take the whole thing out and do whatever and then place back into the BGE.
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Posts: 108
    i did get the 2 inch firering, what are you cooking on it
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,971
    Ribs, Chicken pieces. Have had since Eggtoberfest '06, Do not use it much, prefer to just take a second rack and use bolts or fire brick to space the two grids.
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    If you use a platesetter, foil it to prevent drippings from making a mess.