Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I just got a 3 tier grid - what to do

Options
Grasshopper
Grasshopper Posts: 108
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
At our employers Christmas Party i recieved an award which was a gift certificate at our Big Green Egg shop. I decided to get the 3 tier grid. Now the question is what to do, any ideas, recommendations and pictures would be great. I am excited, but need ideas

Comments

• Bricktucky
    Options
    Cook! :laugh:

Actually, I don't have one but have been considering getting one myself. I'll be interested in the other responses too. What a nice gift.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    I assume you also got the shorter fire ring??
    I find that the 3 tiered needs to be taken out of the large to turn the pieces. When in the BGE one level is even with the gasket and trying to sauce something I get sauce on the gasket and it is a mess. I just take the whole thing out and do whatever and then place back into the BGE.
  • Grasshopper
    Grasshopper Posts: 108
    Options
    i did get the 2 inch firering, what are you cooking on it
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Ribs, Chicken pieces. Have had since Eggtoberfest '06, Do not use it much, prefer to just take a second rack and use bolts or fire brick to space the two grids.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    If you use a platesetter, foil it to prevent drippings from making a mess.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap