Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Made pizza on the egg tonight, it tasted pretty good , but was sticking to the plate any suggestions please.[p]Greg

Comments

• RLA
    RLA Posts: 89
    Options
    G-Man, Spread corn meal on the plate. The corn meal acts like little ball bearings and the pizza should literally slide off easily with no sticking whatsoever.
    Been makin pizzas for years...never had one stick yet!
    RLA[p]

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    G-Man,
    Not sure if RLA means to the plate setter or what. I add corn meal to my pizza peel before putting the dough on it and building the pie from there and then the pie slides off and onto the plate setter. But like he says, the corn meal keeps it from sticking every time.

• Unknown
    Options
    Shelby, Thanks so much again for your advice. I will definitely use this technique nextime. Do you also include the corn meal on the ceramic plate? Do you ever have sticking on the plate itself? thanks again , I know you guys will make a cook out of me yet[p]Greg

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    G-Man,
    I don't spread cornmeal on the pizza stone. Like Shelby, I put it on the peel. Then I put the pizza on the peel. Enough of the cornmeal goes with the pizza into the Egg that you don't need to spread any on the pizza stone itself. Also, make sure your pizza stone is preheated enough. You don't want to toss a pizza onto a cold stone. [p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Unknown
    Options
    The Naked Whiz, Aha thats what i did i put it on a cold stone. WOW Thanks for the education, lesson learned cant wait to try it again[p]Greg