Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

edited 7:41AM in EggHead Forum
Made pizza on the egg tonight, it tasted pretty good , but was sticking to the plate any suggestions please.[p]Greg

• RLARLA Posts: 89
    G-Man, Spread corn meal on the plate. The corn meal acts like little ball bearings and the pizza should literally slide off easily with no sticking whatsoever.
    Been makin pizzas for years...never had one stick yet!

• ShelbyShelby Posts: 803
    Not sure if RLA means to the plate setter or what. I add corn meal to my pizza peel before putting the dough on it and building the pie from there and then the pie slides off and onto the plate setter. But like he says, the corn meal keeps it from sticking every time.

• Shelby, Thanks so much again for your advice. I will definitely use this technique nextime. Do you also include the corn meal on the ceramic plate? Do you ever have sticking on the plate itself? thanks again , I know you guys will make a cook out of me yet[p]Greg

• The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    I don't spread cornmeal on the pizza stone. Like Shelby, I put it on the peel. Then I put the pizza on the peel. Enough of the cornmeal goes with the pizza into the Egg that you don't need to spread any on the pizza stone itself. Also, make sure your pizza stone is preheated enough. You don't want to toss a pizza onto a cold stone. [p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • The Naked Whiz, Aha thats what i did i put it on a cold stone. WOW Thanks for the education, lesson learned cant wait to try it again[p]Greg