Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza oven

Options

Comments

• Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    Hmmm....I give up, more than I need. :laugh:
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • Slick
    Slick Posts: 382
    Options
    Definitely something that I can live without.
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    You could buy a lot of eggs and all the toys to go with them for that kind of money.
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Julie, the people that would buy that would croak if they found the Egg and this forum.
    Faith
    Tampa, FL
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    That one looks kinda puny.

I think this one would look nice at the Chicken Ranch over where the fish pond used to be. This is a composite image of the one I think I can build for about the same price or less.

SanAntoniowithfireplaceandoven.jpg

Spring "Making Pizza The Really Old Fashioned Way" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    My thoughts too Faith. 2200.00 with shipping.... just to do pizzas... but they do it I guess. to bad they don't know about the egg!
  • BigT
    BigT Posts: 385
    Options
    I love my eggs, don't get me wrong- but everbody in this thread sounds like Weber and gasser folks talking about us.
  • Mainegg
    Options
    OH LEROY!!! that is pretty sweet looking :) I think Beli has a nice set up too similar to this? course the view with his is over the top!
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Ha, the 'view over the top' of mine is a cemetery.

Spring "No Mountains To See Or Climb" Chicken
  • Mainegg
    Options
    I wasn't putting it down by any means, didn't mean it to sound like that..... I was looking at the grilling basket they had on the W&S site and thought I would share it.... if you got it spend it. I would take one if someone gave it to me :)
  • BigT
    Options
    I hear you- I have a W-S giftcard that's hard to spend.

Every time I visit I'm just thinking "do I really need this when the (local restaurant supply) has a practical alternative for much less?".

I do like the AllClad superunobtainium aisle though, and it IS a safe haven in the dreaded mall.
  • Mainegg
    Options
    LOL I think gift cards are harder to spend than cash! and every time I go to order from them or buy any kitchen stuff I have to go the the used restaurant supply first. When we were in Ocala there was a nice one. I got a bunch of Pizza mesh plates, not sure what to call them. but I use them all the time on the eggs for small stuff or the pizzas. for less than a buck each :) all seasoned :)
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Weber and gasser folks be talkin smack about Eggs?

Now that cracks my A$$ up. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • BigT
    Options
    If W-S sold pizza screens they'd be $12 each lol.
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Options
    I like the pizza chopper in the accessory section. Haven't seen one of those since I quit makin' pizzas for a livin' in college.
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    Funny that you mentioned that.I just used my WS gift card from Christmas and bought of all things dish towels.The stuff they carry is waaay over priced.
  • bobSTL
    bobSTL Posts: 105
    Options
    I bet it could do some nice bread also.....

Oh, yea, the Egg does bread.

OK, OK, I won't order one today, and besides, they don't gift wrap this item. Up till then I was going to buy! You guy's have better be careful what you show here, because just about everything that you mention I go out and buy!! :laugh:

Bob
  • They got something similar here in Zuni, NM. The oven are constructed with sandstone and clay with a harden ash bed. A fire is started in the oven until it get hot. The charcoal is taken out and the cooking surface is prepared using water and juniper branches. Once the surface is clean, loaves of bread are put in and the oven is closed. Most homes in Zuni have at least one of these ovens and some have more depending of cooking needs. Much like the BGE

Andres
    Somewhere is western New Mexico
  • Mainegg
    Options
    WOW that sounds cool. I love all ovens and my dream one is an AGA sigh...... I will just keep on dreaming I guess LOL but some day.....
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Saw this one in Lincoln, NM a few years ago. I think it was called Adobe Oven but later I saw some photos of other mud ovens by the Zuni. This one was just for show. Even so, I was fascinated with it and started looking into the various types of cooking devices humans have invented.

AdobeOven.jpg

Spring "Mud Dobber" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Mainegg
    Options
    the one thing they all seam to have in common is the ceramic and wood or lump :) looks like the way to go you think?? I still like my green glazed ones the best :P
  • It somewhat like that but the ovens here are rounder with a vent on top. The hardest part to construct is the cooking suface. It's made with ash and hard as concrete and the suface has to be smooth. People around here uses it like we use the egg; for bread, pizza, roast, and turkey. One nice thing they do over here is to roast the corn. After taking out the burnt charcoal a truck load of corn is loaded into the oven and the door and vent are sealed with mud for an overnight roast. The corn comes very moist and sweet.

Andres
  • Mainegg
    Options
    LOL this might prove to be dangerous! I know we can not have one here in Fl. the code would not allow it LOL but at home.....
    http://www.quarterbyte.com/brian/brickoven.html
    after Andres post and looking at these cool ovens and that one Spring Chix wants..... this is pretty easy with a little elbow grease and Neil has lots of that! :whistle:
  • 407BGE
    407BGE Posts: 187
    Options
    A great site for this stuff is www.fornobravo.com

I steal a lot of pizza idea from them including dough which is much better than other recipes that I have tried.