Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry Tonight

Options
Eggtucky
Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Always looking for new stir fry recipes and gotta thank my bud Devo for this one..it was money!..Hoisin Chicken...
as JL would say...'the raws' ;)
HoisinChkn_001.jpg
The Setup
HoisinChkn_002.jpg
The Fry...
HoisinChkn_003.jpg
The Finish...
HoisinChkn_004.jpg
Good Eats!

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    looks good! I love to wok with my BGE - it's a perfect source of controlled, direct heat! I assume you had a tjv Spider under there.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    looks great!!!!

oh by the way i think i have you and fidel to thank for my current woodford problem... i still have my jim beam and Vernors but usually add a "Topper" of woodford (a topper is when i add a sip of woodford to the top of my mix so the first drink has alot of woodford in it) i have also been known to have a woodford and ice water on occasion.. i thank you and fidel but my wife and bank account hate you :silly: B)

glad to see you posting pictures again ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Woodford IS GOOD DRINKS!!! :whistle:
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    actually that one was on my small with a 'chubby' spider under there ;)
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    haha...woodford has done that to many (includin me!) so dont feel alone :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Man that looks great. :woohoo: I'm gonna stir fry this weekend.
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    See your wife was wrong. You can be taught some'en!!! :P Make sure you have the raws!!LOL Looks really great. I got to order me a wok!
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    haha...I don't learn anymore..I just got real good a mammerizin! :silly: All that effort to get a shot of the 'raws' and I forgot to put the chicken in the pic!...lol...anyway..the chicken is all breast cut in strips across grain then coated in corn starch and deep fried first as in the 2nd pic...then pull it out..stir fry the rest and add it back..the whole thing over rice and it's killer!
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    Makes me hungry, thanks. :blink:
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Nice pics and I love the "raw" shots :) We picked up a NICE wok all seasoned at a yard sale last weekend for 1.00 :) they were moving and did not want to take it??? it is not like they take up much room. they tried to sell us the gas grill they had too LOL. we have not done anything with the wok yet but this is sure temping :)