Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

country style ribs??? HELP

Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK I know someone posted about a great cook they just did with them and I can not find it :evil: I just did a search and the newest one was over a year ago?? these were cooked indirect I thought then put in a pan with the sauce?? time and temp is what I am looking for PLEASE :) Julie

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Bone-in, boneless? Thick? Loin or butt? :woohoo: Recipe sounds like thick cut from a Boston Butt. Indirect at 250, until about 125 internal temp. Pull, still indirect with ribs in a pan with sauce until done. That should render all the fat out for you, tender and moist.
    Old pic. But you get the idea.

csribs2.jpg

Mike
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Lately I've been sticking them in a pan and covering them with bbq sauce and beer and cooking at 250 until they are fork tender ..then I take them out and do a quick sear ...then stick them back in the sauce/beer bath and serve and they are really great ... only touchy part is if you cook them til real tender, they fall apart when you try to sear them.
    Fred A. Bernardo , owner of Tasty Licks BBQ Supply in Shillington, Pa. 
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
  • Mainegg
    you guys are terrific! In laws are here for dinner and all three eggs are going and of course the med is being a snot again tonight??? just like last night would not come up to temp. mic the bakers to get them going and they might just make it :( guess we will do a full cleaning tomorrow, empty her out and vacuum :) and as you can see I am hiding in the office instead of out there with everyone LOL course my vino is here by the pc and they think we drink a little to much LOL a glass an evening is about it unless Pat is tempting me with his bloody Mary's!!
    anyways thank you. I just needed to double check temp for them and the time so I don't kill anyone...... as tempting as that my be. I tell Neil all the time he MUST be ADOPTED! LOL
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Julie,

Just like any other rib. Low and slow. I'll adopt Neil, he is pretty handy.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mainegg
    THAT WAS THE POST!!! LOL I hunted for ten minutes! I knew it was a fast cook and since he called me when I was in Fort Myers for the day with 3 other people and said I invited people for dinner tonight and told them RIBS!! I told him to go get southern cut ribs and there was a great post on the forum that we could do under 2 hours. so I had him dizzy them up and get them on indirect till I got home. He cleaned the house went shopping and had dinner on when I got there at 3:30 :) sorry Steven he is all mine and I will not trade him! He even asked if I would take his pictures with the eggs going and his dinner cooking so he could post them here on the form! thanks everyone for the help :)