Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Medium Egg Measurements

Options
Ala-Egg
Ala-Egg Posts: 162
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am about to purchase a medium egg in the next couple weeks to have as a travel egg, take to football games, races, and camping. I want to go ahead and build the travel crate for it. Would someone that ownes a medium egg send me the following measurements please?
Bottom diameter.
Top diameter, not dome, but from edge to edge wher gasket is. Dome measurements not needed.
Height of bottow portion of egg.
Thank you.

Comments

• James MB
    James MB Posts: 359
    Options
    Dimensions approx

My Med is 18" across the gasket, 18.5 with the egg mate band
    About 17" from bottom to gasket (external)

and about 12" bottom diameter, may be a little more it was hard to measure 12.5?

Good luck, you'll love the medium but you must be a strong guy to travel with it!. I saw someone on here with a neat welded ring setup for the small that doubled as travel protection / carrying frame and then as a stand the other way up, much like the timber ones.

Someone else will pitch in with the exact measurements.
  • Ala-Egg
    Ala-Egg Posts: 162
    Options
    Thank you very much for the measurements!! I am going to build a crate with some large handles on it, so someone will be able to help me. The small cooking space just isn't large enough for me to take along, but wish the medium didn't weight 95lbs either.
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    Something like this but for a medium. This is my small as a convertable...

small3.jpg

small4.jpg

small5.jpg

small6.jpg