Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last one.. I promise

stike
stike Posts: 15,597
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
...for tonight anyway.

Here's proof I can take it as well as give it out. Some samples from my (gasp! possibly pedantic?) posts over the past few years.

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch?e=20090407211639849
ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante

Comments

• Inksmyth
    Inksmyth Posts: 308
    You're quite the smooth talker with the ladies. I bet they cling to you like....Well like smoke molecules to brisket quarks.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Jeff, halfway through that I almost posted for you to go to bed, but it was really funny! -RP
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Ya made me laugh, professor stike.
  • NooBBQ
    NooBBQ Posts: 134
    Link appears dead
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    I'm getting the same none response from the server. Nothing on all film links. Dang, could have used some Stike humor this morning.
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    dang....link's not working for me!? :sick::angry:
  • stike
    ...too much traffic from the BGE forum. hahaha

it's a beta-site. don't know how long it will take to get back on line. probably a good thing. i beat that horse to death, and this is a BBQ forum afterall!
  • stike
    flashback bob rewrote some code and got the website running

here's stike, impressing the ladies with a treatise on the smoke ring.
    http://www.xtranormal.com/xtranormal/episode.php?aid=221901&mid=20090407211639849

the rest of them are to the right in a small window
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    That is funny Jeff....Have a good day.
    Larry
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    I love you, Man!

LR
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    So did this conversation bring about a happy ending? :sick:
  • Sundown had a good laugh. Maybe there's a BBQ Comedy club somewhere you could do a stand up routine.

Darlene should direct your energies to other things. I'll call her and give her a few ideas. ;)
  • drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    I'm trying to decide if you truly don't understand the difference between what I do and a guy pimping an aftermarket non-BGE product here........or if you're just a richard.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • stike
    i just find it funny is all. i find a lot of things funny. some people don't.

i'm just thought you might have a sense of humor about it all. i'm guessing the answer is no.

to each his own.

i don't really know "what you do" , and it's none of my business. butmost of those references had nothing to do with BGE. which is what made them funny frankly. it was all your own words.
  • drbbq
    So the fact that The Backyard BBQ in Wilmette is a BGE dealer and that's why I was going there slipped by you huh? All the BGE references in my books and the picture of me cooking on an Egg on the cover of one seems like a coincidence?

You ever see my truck with the green flames on the side or my business cards that say Big Green Egg?

I'm sure you didn't know any of this after hanging out here for a decade but it didn't keep you from slamming me.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • stike
    i think you are doing just fine, ray. that little movie ain't gonna cause book sales to plummet.

i stuck up for you about the copyright thing when some dude was posting your recipe...

your persona here as a rep is not readily apparent to the vast majority of folks who visit this forum. it isn't abundantly clear that you are repping BGE first and foremost, if that's what you're saying we all should "kmow". i asked once what the deal was, how it worked, and you said it was none of my business. so i can only go by what i see and hear.

i don't care how you get paid or what you make. i'm not asking that. i'm asking you to educate me. because right now, all i see is a guy who never posts here EXCEPT to tell us where HE is going to be. or to ding anyone who mentions anything in any way that helps their (or a friend's) businsess. to the unititiated, it looks a lot like bullying. to those of us who are supposed to have put 2 and 2 together "over ten years" it still seems a little heavy handed. i'm sure to your very close friends here, it's all cool, and they understand the nuances. sure, you're cooking on some eggs. that's great. nature boy cooks on some eggs when he demos his stuff. but we don't all magically assume he's a rep because of it.

you maybe mentioned it a while ago, when it first came together. since your personality on food tv and in books was so established, all i could infer was that IN ADDITION to your focus on the drBBQ thing, you'd be also repping BGE. but you never mebntioned it again. and there are a lot of new folks. how are they to know who you are or whether you are speaking as drBBQ or drBBQ/BGE?

more than a few people are confused, based on the ones that emailed me laughing about the spoof.

i will sketch out for you how it looks to me (which is obviously not how it is, and not important to anyone, but only how it looks). it looks to this regular forum viewer that you appear here only to tell us where you will be or when you will have a book out. sometimes (not always) you make mention of the egg. occasionally you will chime in from left field after a looooong absence when someone does something you don't like, like when photoegg said he liked the lump reducer. your beef was that it was an aftermarket item, and implied that he was a shill. but hey, you mentioned a few aftermarket items in your posts, so we are a bit confused. they have nothing to do with adding to BGE's bottom line. it belittles you as a personality to nit pick and spank sime guy cuz he's happy that his friend's invention worked so well. let bobby-Q or WMK police the forum. makes you look small.

you won't believe me, but i don't have a beef with you. but yoou must realize by now that when you decide you want to trade on your personality, you are going to run into satire every now and then. that's all it was. when you wear a tall hat, someone is gonna throw a snowball.

i'm sorry if you are upset by it. if you'd like, i can take it down. celtic wolf had a laugh at his, and i sure as hell look like an idiot in the ones i made of me. but if you can't handle it, let me know, and it's gone. i thought you could crack a smile. your is a strong personality. i didn't think this kind of thing would get you so upset. it's free press, even though i didn't use your name...

anyway. my apologies.
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    As a relatively new member of the forum, I have to say that I agree with Stike's assessment of Dr BBQ's impression on this forum.

Why doesn't he put on his profile the fact that he is a rep for BGE, that he has a big BGE painted truck (picture maybe) and all about his books? That seems to be a no-brainer. :whistle:

As far as recommendations on here from members about other member's inventions, rubs, sauces, etc., well I learned about tjv's products here and now use them on almost every cook I do. Same for DP rubs and Carnivore sauce. All quality stuff ! Especially for things that BGE does not offer, how can Dr BBQ possibly object?

I have never met the good Dr and therefore have no personal judgement as to his personality - he may be the most humble, greatest guy around, but his behavior on this forum creates the perception of arrogance.

I hope he will chill out, enjoy the humor, and make meaningful contributions to this board. Since I have been here, everyone is most helpful and interested in promoting the forum-wide enjoyment of the Egg. Recipes are freely (in most cases :) ) given out and help is available at a moments notice.

Dr BBQ - loosen up and contribute. Don't be so defensive. Why not use your obvious cooking skills to help newbies and others develop a great love for their EGG? Contribute some recipes and tips of things you have learned.

I look forward to your sharing your experiences so I can enhance my modest cooking skills. :woohoo:
  • drbbq
    You seem to have a lot more time to invest in this than I do. Sorry I can't meet your expectations but what I'm doing is working for me and BGE.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • stike
    it's not that i have a lot of time. it's that you asked a question, and i gave you a thought out answer. something you have proven yourself incapable of doing here over the past, oh, i dunno, three years.

your posts are entirely self-serving.

you are doing a great job, ray.
  • drbbq
    And your posts are helping who?
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    What an arrogant ass! :sick:

Anyone who has a grain of sense knows that "Stike" has made many contributions to this forum. In the several months I have been here i have YET to see anything helpful or contributory from you, other than to promote your own self interests.

I started this with an open mind and in a previous most made, what I thought, was a reasonable suggestion that would help others know who you are and what you do.

After this post from you, you have lost this potential book purchaser and promoter of your interests. I suspect there will be many others.

Arrogance and self-serving promotion are short-lived attributes. Your time will come! :angry:
  • stike
    if my posts aren't helpful, or thankful, then they are (or at least are trying to be)funny.

yours are just self-serving. your old posts, back before you "found religion" (became a paid rep) were far more entertaining than your current ones. i miss the old drbbq. he didn't always pretend to take the high road. sometimes he got right down in it and slung the monkey poo and had fun.

those were the days. most members here don't know the old drbbq, and probably think i'm picking on you.

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch?e=20090409125110251

everything coming out of the mouth of the guy on the couch in that clip is a direct quote from you, from forum archives in chronological order. of course, since they "fixed the hinge issue" and it's now "up to your standards", everything else is forgotten.

all i'm doing is shining a little light on goofy little things that are already there. my own posts included...
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Dammit Stike!!!Stop!!!Yer killin me!!! :lol::lol: :laugh: That's just too damn funny :P :lol::lol:
  • stike
    the program that makes those movies has trouble with some spellings. it didn't know how to pronounce "eggholes" or even "eggoff".

i can guess what he meant by "eggholes", but "eggoff"? dunno. so it sounds a little garbled sometimes.

you'd think a guy that felt like he could talk like that about an entire group of people could take a little ribbing now and again. you think alton brown gets upset when someone posts a spoof of him on the web?
  • That's great!!!
    I miss the old Dr BBQ. But I don't blame him if he's got better things to do than post discussions on the internet.

Stump Baby is too busy too, I can't blame him-(I'm glad he's working!)
  • stike
    he's a busy dude, i agree. i couldn't do what he does.

i just think it's disingenuous to act like he's being assailed when he was just as bad as anyone else, back in the day. it's like someone quitting smoking then making a point of always telling everyone they shouldn't smoke.
  • drbbq
    This is really getting to be like stalking. Please just let it go man.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ