Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Altons Butt!

Options
Smoke-N-Smirk!
Smoke-N-Smirk! Posts: 63
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
butt1.jpg
<p />Giving Alton Browns Butt Recipe a try. Went in around noon today. Good Eats tomorrow! S-N-M!

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Smoke-N-Smirk!,[p]That's gotta be one of the nicest tables I've seen. Did you use plans or just build as you went?[p]Kurt
  • Smoke-N-Smirk!
    Options
    bge9.jpg
    <p />Kurt, Just built as I went. Used lots of good advice from the folks on this forum. The project was tonz-o-fun combining the two hobbies. Woodworking/Smoking! S-N-M!

• Unknown
    Options
    Smoke-N-Smirk!,[p]Hey, that just happens to be 2 of my favorite hobbies also. Those 2 and landscaping (in my yard only) are about it for me. I like hobbies that keep me close to home.[p]I just made my 4 yr old this beautiful stool so that she can stand at her sink and brush her teeth. The sides are cherry and are dovetailed at 97 degrees to the mahogany top. It's got two arched mahogany braces (hear that TNW, it's braced well) that run from one side to the other and 5 hardwood dowles that brace the braces. I designed it as I went and got really fancy with it. I even put some walnut inlay around where the mahogany braces go through the cherry sides because it didn't turn out as clean as I had hoped...due to the fact that its all curved and arched and nothing is at 90 degree angles. [p]I then sanded it with 120 grit then 180 then 220 then 400 grit and polished it with a bees wax polish. She wants me to inlay her name on the top which I will probably do also.[p]I think I may put some pictures online like Lawn Ranger did and make a few bucks off of selling them (this is definately an inside joke with the Lawn Ranger and me). [p]Wood - $20.00
    Sandpaper - $3.00
    Woodworking tools - $7,000
    Time - 20-30 hours.
    (I could buy one at Walmart for $9.00)[p]
    Yeah, I'd need to get about a grand for one if anyone is interested. And after seeing how good it looks (to me that is) I will tell her, "If I ever catch you stepping on that stepping stool you've had it".[p]Yeah, I like the table, hope you don't get upset if you ever see a picture of one that looks a whole lot like that some day! Imitation is the highest form of flatery (or something to that effect)[p]Thanks,
    Kurt

• Smoke-N-Smirk!
    Options
    Kurt, By all means please build away! Use all the info the folks from this forum so generously give, and improve upon them. Be sure to keep us updated during the process.
    (Sorry about the delayed reply, got sent on an out of town trip.)