Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

thinking of buying an egg

2»

Comments

• GrillDaddyGrillDaddy Posts: 295
    I am and have been on the South Beach Diet for 3 + years and find there are many options for me to use my BGE. Most tradition BBQ foods like brisket, pulled pork & pork ribs I have to pass up. But there are many other great options to cook. I am currently working on a South Beach Diet friendly receipt for pulled pork. The people who have tried it really seem to like it. Bottom line is the BGE is a cooking tool and it is up to you what goes on the grill.
    ·
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    The Wolf and Stike show.. It is my material he is making fodder of..
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    true this is true......
    ·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    it's your material that is the fodder.

mensa stopped issuing word a day calendars, i see.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • RibheadRibhead Posts: 123
    I see skinny people at McDonalds! that makes no sense to me!

This post is funny!
    ·
  • Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    I also am on a very low carb diet (diabetic) and since I was given my egg for Christmas I have lost about 20 pounds and my blood glucose is under close control. The BGE is awesome, it's up to you how you use it. :)

Gator
    ·
  • I am on a see food diet. I see food and then I eat it. :laugh: I am not obese nor am I fat but I do think I could stand to loose a few pounds. 6'10" 205#. I can also keep up with the 20 year olds, I am 46. I too find myself not hitting the Chips Ahoy as much as sugar and chocolate are my kryptonite. I love good foods. There are a lot of post here that are very healthy. Roasted chicken, turkey, and fish and other seafood not to mention fresh veggies. Pay more attention to the post before you insult a group of talented cooks. Because you are fitness minded does that mean your also narrow minded enough to think a grill could be the cause? Since you are so fitness oriented, I say shame on you, you should know better. The Egg is merely a device in which to prepare the food. It all depends on the choice you make as to what you put on it and how you prepare it.
    ·
  • WokOnMediumWokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Pretty safe to say that this individual took some jabs to see if he could get a rise, and I have to say it was fun to read.
    If the fitness guru doesn't know what people eat to get fat maybe the clown should take his $1200 and buy a tread mill. But it wouldn't be as entertaining! :huh:
    ·
  • DukesterDukester Posts: 36
    I'm down 15 lbs since getting my egg in January, but it's an Atkins kind of thing: I gorge on the meat cooked on the egg so I don't have room for anything else!
    ·
  • NooBBQNooBBQ Posts: 134
    I went from 245 to 205 (being 6-1) cooking on the egg at least 3 times/week.

I still eat steaks, ribs, pulled pork, but also salads, veggies, chicken, turkey, seafood.

A little short sighted to throw out such a remark.

Pricewise, I think you are high, but that is OK too.

nooBBQ,

EDIT/PS at the same time my blood pressure dropped 10 points on both ends and my cholesterol improved.
    ·
  • WADougWADoug Posts: 191
    You decide what you will cook and eat. The Egg is a tool, a great oven/grill to cook what you choose. The Egg adds some intangible difference from other ovens/grills. My wife and I enjoy salmon, chicken, pork (lean) and many different vegetables on the Egg. All have more unique character and favor than in the "oven" or "fry pan".
    ·
  • OkeejohnOkeejohn Posts: 291
    You are probably right and I took bait, line and sinker

Okeejohn
    ·
  • KcLeafKcLeaf Posts: 62
    one of the more amazing posts I have seen.
    ·