Several months ago my plate setter developed a crack across the main surface area. I think my 23 lb. mad max turkey did it in (just kidding max). Well Saturday, it finally broke into two halves. I used JB Weld which has been recommended dozens of times and now according to the packaging has a heat resistance to 600 degrees. The following pics show how it was repaired. I used a racheting tie down strap as I was afraid of using a jaw or pipe clamp to hold the bond tight. It worked extremely well and the pics show how I did it. I'm not sure how many will benefit from this, but I thought it worth posting. Mark
Some pics after gluing and strapping
After the ratcheting strap was removed
The bond has survived a 400 degree legs up cook tonight. I will post on this subject again when the plate setter survives a pizza cook (or not) and again when I sit my 8 qt. dutch oven on it, but so far, so good.