Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

thinking of buying an egg

Options
2»

Comments

• GrillDaddy
    GrillDaddy Posts: 295
    Options
    I am and have been on the South Beach Diet for 3 + years and find there are many options for me to use my BGE. Most tradition BBQ foods like brisket, pulled pork & pork ribs I have to pass up. But there are many other great options to cook. I am currently working on a South Beach Diet friendly receipt for pulled pork. The people who have tried it really seem to like it. Bottom line is the BGE is a cooking tool and it is up to you what goes on the grill.
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    The Wolf and Stike show.. It is my material he is making fodder of..
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    true this is true......
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    it's your material that is the fodder.

mensa stopped issuing word a day calendars, i see.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Ribhead
    Ribhead Posts: 123
    Options
    I see skinny people at McDonalds! that makes no sense to me!

This post is funny!
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options
    I also am on a very low carb diet (diabetic) and since I was given my egg for Christmas I have lost about 20 pounds and my blood glucose is under close control. The BGE is awesome, it's up to you how you use it. :)

Gator
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    I am on a see food diet. I see food and then I eat it. :laugh: I am not obese nor am I fat but I do think I could stand to loose a few pounds. 6'10" 205#. I can also keep up with the 20 year olds, I am 46. I too find myself not hitting the Chips Ahoy as much as sugar and chocolate are my kryptonite. I love good foods. There are a lot of post here that are very healthy. Roasted chicken, turkey, and fish and other seafood not to mention fresh veggies. Pay more attention to the post before you insult a group of talented cooks. Because you are fitness minded does that mean your also narrow minded enough to think a grill could be the cause? Since you are so fitness oriented, I say shame on you, you should know better. The Egg is merely a device in which to prepare the food. It all depends on the choice you make as to what you put on it and how you prepare it.
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Options
    Pretty safe to say that this individual took some jabs to see if he could get a rise, and I have to say it was fun to read.
    If the fitness guru doesn't know what people eat to get fat maybe the clown should take his $1200 and buy a tread mill. But it wouldn't be as entertaining! :huh:
  • Dukester
    Dukester Posts: 36
    Options
    I'm down 15 lbs since getting my egg in January, but it's an Atkins kind of thing: I gorge on the meat cooked on the egg so I don't have room for anything else!
  • NooBBQ
    NooBBQ Posts: 134
    Options
    I went from 245 to 205 (being 6-1) cooking on the egg at least 3 times/week.

I still eat steaks, ribs, pulled pork, but also salads, veggies, chicken, turkey, seafood.

A little short sighted to throw out such a remark.

Pricewise, I think you are high, but that is OK too.

nooBBQ,

EDIT/PS at the same time my blood pressure dropped 10 points on both ends and my cholesterol improved.
  • WADoug
    WADoug Posts: 191
    Options
    You decide what you will cook and eat. The Egg is a tool, a great oven/grill to cook what you choose. The Egg adds some intangible difference from other ovens/grills. My wife and I enjoy salmon, chicken, pork (lean) and many different vegetables on the Egg. All have more unique character and favor than in the "oven" or "fry pan".
  • Okeejohn
    Okeejohn Posts: 297
    Options
    You are probably right and I took bait, line and sinker

Okeejohn
  • KcLeaf
    KcLeaf Posts: 62
    Options
    one of the more amazing posts I have seen.