Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tomato Pie

Options
FlatEric
FlatEric Posts: 56
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
heat.JPG
<p />Anybody ever done a tomato pie on the Egg? How did it turn out? any recipe suggestions? Thanks

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    TomPiesCooked.jpg
    <p />Flat Eric,
    I have cooked a few tomatoe pies on the egg.Here is the recipe and a couple of pictures.
    Larry[p]
    Tomatoes,bacon and cheese make up this yummy pie.
    1 9-inch deep dish frozen pie shell
    3 medium,ripe tomatoes,sliced
    6 strips bacon,fried and crumbled
    1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
    1 cup mayonnaise
    ½ teaspoon salt
    ½ teaspoon pepper
    Bake frozen pie shell following package directions.Preheat egg to 350 degrees.Place tomatoes in bottom of pie shell;top with crumbled bacon.Combine cheese,salt,pepper and mayonnaise;pour over tomatoes.Bake 35 to 40 minutes on a raised grid using a Ceramic Deep Baking Dish

[ul][li]Tomatoe Pie[/ul]
  • Vegas Slim
    Vegas Slim Posts: 166
    Options
    YB,
    would it work without the ceramic baking dish? maybe on a plate setter?

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    TomPiePreCook.jpg
    <p />Vegas Slim,
    Yes it will work without the ceramic dish.Before I got my dish I cooked them on a plate setter and pizza stone.The ceramic dishes works good because 2 will fit in the large egg.
    Larry

• MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    Options
    YB,
    More toys to buy. I can't keep up now. Great pies. But I would not expect anything less from you larry.