Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Back by popular demand

Options
Panhandle Smoker
Panhandle Smoker Posts: 3,018
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I did this cook a few weeks ago and when I asked what everybody wanted the country style ribs and corn on the cob was the winner. I also did some Beef kabobs for the wife to take to work. Sorry no pics

Country style ribs seasoned with Tony seasoning cooked direct at low heat for about 25 minutes then sauced.
IMG_3140-1.jpg

I added some Sausage With some Jack Millers Sauce. Corn on the cob with a twist was buttered and seasoned in the husk and cooked direct at 350 for about 30 minutes
IMG_3136.jpg

Good stuff From S. Louisianna
IMG_3132.jpg

The sons favorite, Crash hot potatoes seasoned with Tonys seasoning and Pepper Jack cheese.
IMG_3135.jpg

Comments

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Eddie looks great, :) can you give more detales? Thanks for sharing.
    JJ

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Eggscriber
    Eggscriber Posts: 276
    Options
    How did you do the corn? Looks good!
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Options
    Nice looking cook. Good Eats.
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    Sorry for the lack of details I was in the middle of a few things when posting. I edited the original post. The corn has become a big favorite here. The trick is from the forum cookbook.

Description: Very easy and delicious side dish for chicken, pork or beef.
    Ingredients: • 4 Ears of Fresh Corn on the Cob
    • rub of choice
    • butter or margarine, melted

Instructions: Soak corn in cold water for 1 to 2 hours. Pull back husk, but do not remove, and remove silks. Using a sandwich bag on your hand, rub butter or margarine onto ears. Sprinkle with rub of choice. Pull husk back over ears and secure at the top with a small piece of husk.
    Place on BGE and cook at 300° to 325° for 30-35 minutes, turning often. Place in cooler, wrap with aluminum foil and towel and let rest until main entree is done. Remove outer husk by twisting stalk at the bottom and the entire husk will fall away. Very tender and delicious.

Notes:
    Number Of Servings: Source:
    Vegetarian: No Time To Prepare:
    Date: Tue 08 Mar 2005 13:24:09 EST Viewed: 891 times
    Author: SpiceCooks Email:
    Rating: No votes
    Freshcorn.jpg
    old pic same methood.
    IMG_4761.jpg
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Looks like you use Tony's about as much as me. Rarely use salt and pepper on my plate. Looks like you put the old Egg threw its paces. Been looking for some corn in husk but hard to find yet in town.
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    I do use Tonys a lot I have A full order of D/P Rubs on the way maybe today. I still like the Tonys. I tried a rub from Heberts Meats, there house brand it is hotter than Tonys but very good.
  • Tuck
    Tuck Posts: 54
    Options
    Is Herberts Meats in Pensacola? If so, where?