Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Todays Pizza

Options
Panhandle Smoker
Panhandle Smoker Posts: 3,018
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I love this garlic butter dough. A combined effort of course. I have to give my bride credit too.
IMG_3126.jpg

Cooking
IMG_3127.jpg

Done :)
IMG_3128.jpg

Comments

• Cincykid
    Cincykid Posts: 67
    Options
    Wow, looks great. Nice browning on the cheese. Good looking pie. If you made that dough from scratch, please post...
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    It is posted on the right side of the screen. We love it. Here it is again.

Garlic and Butter Pizza Dough
    Description: This is no brainer dough. Enough to make one 14" DEEP or two regular pies. You will love this, and the best part is that it is bread machine tested. All ingredients in a good dough. Here it is...

Ingredients: 1 Pkg Active Dry Yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
    1 1/4 Cup Warm Water
    1 tsp. Sugar
    3 1/4 Cup Unbleached Bread Flour
    1/2 Cup Medium-Grind Yellow Corn Meal
    1 tsp. Salt (1.5 Kosher)
    1/4 Cup Melted Unsalted Butter
    1 clove Garlic (Minced to a paste)

Olive Oil for oiling pizza pan. You want the bottom of crust to have a fried texture.

Instructions: The recipe makes a great dough for Pizza and is from the book, Pizza by Diane Morgan. This works well in a bread machine but here are the hand instructions.

Begin by making a sponge.

In a bowl dissolve the yeast in 1/4C of warm water. Add the sugar and 1/4C of flour and stir with a wooden spoon to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.

Add the remaining 1 cup of warm water and 3 cups flour, the cornmeal, and salt. Combine the butter and garlic and add it to the sponge. Using a wooden spoon, mix the dough, incorporating as much of the flour as possible. Turn the dough out on a lightly floured work surface and knead until soft and elastic, 10 to 12 minutes.

Lightly oil a large bowl. Add the dough and turn to coat on all sides. Cover with plastic wrap and place a damp clean kitchen towel over the top. Set in a warm spot and let the dough rise until doubled in volume 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

When dough has doubled, punch it down and knead for a few minutes then press into pan. Once in the pan let rise for 15 to 20 minutes before adding pizza ingredients.

Notes:
    Number Of Servings: see Desc Source: Pizza, By Diane Morgan
    Vegetarian: Yes Time To Prepare: 3 Hours
    Date: Mon 16 Feb 2009 22:22:25 EST Viewed: 369 times
    Author: Email:
    Rating: 5,00 (2 votes)
  • Smokemout
    Options
    Is that parchement paper underneath the pizza? Do you keep underneath while cooking?
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    Yes parchment paper. Some people leave it I will remove it after a few minutes in the Egg, why? I just do, personal preference I guess. It wouldnt hurt anyting if you left it for the duration of the cook.
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Great-looking pie, Eddie!